ZAYANCE PCB -NU VAR- NU FED. - STA. -RUDE TUBE.-MKPSU etc....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
NU VARIMU 436 V1.1 BACK IN STOCK

PRICE incl all: 85Euros

Shipping worldwide via priority International (not insured, not trackable) etc...

If you need tracking please precise, as it will add a couple of euros to the package.

Help Thread: [BUILD] NU VARIMU 436 build & help thread

NU-VARIMU.jpg

NU FEDERAL AM864 OUT OF STOCK (22.01.22)

PRICE incl all: 35Euros
Shipping worldwide via priority International (not insured, not trackable) etc...

If you need tracking please precise, as it will add a couple of euros to the package.

Help Thread: [BUILD] NU FEDERAL AM-864 PCB OFFICIAL BUILD & HELP THREAD

NU-FEDERAL.jpg

STA LEVEL BACK IN STOCK

PRICE incl all: 85Euros

Help Thread: [BUILD] STA LEVEL PCB OFFICIAL BUILD & HELP THREAD

STA-LEVEL.jpg

THE RUDE TUBE IVORY: OUT OF STOCK (01.11.22)

PRICE incl all: 40Euros

Build and support thread: [BUILD] The Rude Tube IVORY ====== Official build & support thread

RUDE-TUBE-IVORY.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MKPSU:
5pcs IN STOCK Patternswitch on PCB (13.09.21)
16pcs IN STOCK NO Pattern switch on PCB (13.09.21)

Price: 16Euro incl.all

MKPSU.jpg

Build Infos:

For MK47 Mic: Stuff all components.
For MK-U47 Mic: Leave R6 / R7 and Pattern Terminal out.
Feed 0V and B+ of the Terminal output to the mic only.

DOCS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B125JwaqoqLrRXpSNnVoeE1vUkU/view?usp=sharing
BOM:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M-uugcghvQSz20Gv_yHoPgLE1D8sGWsMavElbpJJcRc/edit?usp=sharing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepped Pot PCB: only 37mm 5pcs IN STOCK (04.12.21)

A PCB made for beeing able to build stepped pot using 1206 SMD Resistors for those blue Uraltone Switches.
A cheaper alternative than Goldpoint and easier to solder and build IMHO, but of course SMD needs some practice, and the Uraltone
don't feel like Elma's, but they do their job just fine.
The center coin is here for practice purpose, just use it with 1% Resistors to get your marks.

Price: 2.5Euros each (excl. PPfees, and excl. Shipping)

More infos: Make Cheap but quality Stepped pot

There is two versions, one that that has 40mm overall Diameter (Left) and a 37mm one (Right) for if using them in a 1U case.

STEPPED_POT_37mm.jpg

LEFT: 40mm RIGHT: 37mm
STEPPED-POT-PCB.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED........

Last edited:
Hello Tony,

I,am slowly stuffing your pcb  ;), which case model you used from modushop.
Is it the Galaxy maggiorato 124x230, is the handle an option. Looks nice  :p

Goodluck in the WM.
Best regards,
Iwan

Tony,

Received the MK47 pcb yesterday.  Looks great and sturdy too!  It will be stuffed into Dan's psu case (just received as well). 

Thanks!

Looking at the pictures, Questions
Does R4 have both the 680 ohm and the 330 ohm together?
R1 does not have the 1K ohm resistor, Just the choke connection, or both?

Hi Winetree,

Yes it means both together for R4 k ( or only one of them if during testing you need to tweak), the double slash is for saying in parralel, and it's true that I could have written "or" on R1 silkscreen to say resistor OR choke, but I tought that would have been obvious.

T.

Hey Zayance,

in case i don't need a pattern switch. which parts don't have to be soldered to the board?? can i leave some out??
i have a 2nd question regarding R6. is a 14kOhm with 1/2 Watt ok also?? i have two 1 Watt resistors which will add to 14,28 kOhm when soldered in series. will this work, too??

thanks

Hi There,

in case i don't need a pattern switch. which parts don't have to be soldered to the board?? can i leave some out??

Depends on what polarity you want.
iirc Terminal block contact 1-2 gives Cardio
                                        2-3 gives Omni

I guess you want Cario and not Omni, and then you'll need to leave everything in place, but just jumper 1-2

i have a 2nd question regarding R6. is a 14kOhm with 1/2 Watt ok also?? i have two 1 Watt resistors which will add to 14,28 kOhm when soldered in series. will this work, too??

I don't get your question, you mean you have a 12K resistor and want to add 2x 1K to get to 14K that's right?
Yes it's possible but that's a lot of resistors for getting there, values in parralel it will be more elegant onboard, any other combinations you have in stock? close to 28K in // maybe?? etc...
It will work, your .28 is just tolerances that are found on all the build, and builds allover this forum :)

Best regards,

T.

zayance said:
iirc Terminal block contact 1-2 gives Cardio
                                        2-3 gives Omni

thanks. good to know. but to explain my question a little bit. the pattern switch will be on the mic itself. therefore i need no pattern switch possibility in the psu.

so my question is, if i can leave out the 12k and the 14k resistor on the pcb?

zayance said:

my problem with R6 is, that i don't have any combination of resistors available that will give me exactly 14k. Which tolerance is alright for this resistor?? when i know i can measure my resistors and do some math to come close  ;)

or do you think a 1/2Watt 14k resistor is ok??? i have one of those around.

all the best

thanks. good to know. but to explain my question a little bit. the pattern switch will be on the mic itself. therefore i need no pattern switch possibility in the psu.

so my question is, if i can leave out the 12k and the 14k resistor on the pcb?

Yes you can leave R6-R7, but you'll need that voltage divider inside the mic then, well if you want to use this one for ioaudio's upcoming mic body and so feeding his reed relay? If not and you just want to redo an original deisgn, then you don't need that, and just feed the B+ inside the mic etc...

my problem with R6 is, that i don't have any combination of resistors available that will give me exactly 14k. Which tolerance is alright for this resistor?? when i know i can measure my resistors and do some math to come close  ;)

or do you think a 1/2Watt 14k resistor is ok??? i have one of those around.

No it should be at least 1W.

all the best

I hope  :)

yes you're right. the psu will be for ioaudio's upcoming U47 clone/body. the latest info ist, that he will make the pattern switch under the grill of the mic, like it is on the original u47.

fishdrop said:
yes you're right. the psu will be for ioaudio's upcoming U47 clone/body. the latest info ist, that he will make the pattern switch under the grill of the mic, like it is on the original u47.

Well not sure if he will drop the reed relay, so for now better just wait and see, but the PSU won't differ i think, only pattern switch connector will be left out, and if somethings change for the "newer" model concerning it's PSU, with his approval, i could redraw the thing.

T.

Hey Zayance,

Thanks. Helped me a lot understanding some things. i think when max's latest project ist released these kind of questions regarding the psu will occure more frequently ;-)

all the best
bernhard

Back