Neva Audio PA5002BG potentiometers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zero

Hi all,
I am trying to repair a recently bought Neva Audio PA5002BG Power amp,
this is my second one, these are russian made, amazing class-A 385w@8ohm per channel amplifiers built with military spec components.

my issue with this one is that it came with different potentiometers in each channel, one with the stock pot and another with a normal 4k7 log pot.
the issue is that at the same pot position the stock pot has alot more volume than the replaced one which leads me to think that the stock one is not a 4k7 log pot.

can anyone help me to try and find out if the stock pot is really a 4k7 log pot?
here are some pics:
http://s146.photobucket.com/user/zeromind/library/neva%20audio

thank you in advance.
cheers

The green one is 4K7 alright, but for the resistance curve, you'll probably need to measure for yourself: Turn it half-way, and measure resistance from ends to center. If it's around 2K3/2K3 (½ x 4k7), it's a linear pot - if it's more like 1K/3K7 or even more skewed, it's log.

Jakob E.

Hello Jakob,

Problem solved, i measured the potentiometer and it is linear, so someone probably  replaced a faulty one with a logarithmic one.

thank you very much for your kind help and for sharing your knowledge, just learned something important today.

thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Pedro

BTW,
Everyone should listen to these Neva amplifiers, they are exceptional.
I bought my first one to use with some proac studio 100 and i´m amazed with it´s great sound, balance, depth and image.
i also had some yamaha ns40m for years that i hated using hafler amps and was thinking of trowing in my fireplace but decided to try them with the Neva and, i spent half an hour just sitting there listening and trying to figure out what was going on in my brain, that´s why i bought a second one, amazed.

just to share.

Back