GSSL with EAO bypass switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joulss

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and also a newbie in DYI projects. I've successfully built two GSSL, one more modern with THAT 2181 and a vintage one with DBX202C.

On the one which has DBX VCAs, I'd like to replace the rotary bypass switch with an EAO switch like on the real XLogic Compressor from SSL.

So I've ordered the part on the SSL website, which I just received but now I have a problem, I don't know how to wire it.

I've done some research on the forum but didn't find someone who built a GSSL with an EAO switch, and on the EAO website I've found some stuff with diagrams etc... but I'm not really comfortable with this kind of document.

Does someone know how to wire it correctly?

Thank you everyone.

The Super Sidechain PCB makes this very easy, because a relay is used to do the switching and LED illumination is provided as well.
You don't have to use the sidechain bit at all.
It was designed to make switching and illumination nice 'n' easy.
Even the GR meter LED is provided for.

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I did a search on the forum but didn't find much. From what I understand, I need to build a relay to use an EAO switch. I thought it was just "plug and play", replacing the Lorlin switch by the EAO, but it's more complicated than I thought so I guess I'll stick with the Lorlin rotary switch.

joulss said:
Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I did a search on the forum but didn't find much. From what I understand, I need to build a relay to use an EAO switch. I thought it was just "plug and play", replacing the Lorlin switch by the EAO, but it's more complicated than I thought so I guess I'll stick with the Lorlin rotary switch.
For only switching the bypass function you'd need a DPDT switch. Additionally showing the switch status by illumination would either need a 3rd. pole at the switch or you could get away with a SPST switch that controls one or more relais for the missing poles. Be a lot more specific on your wanted switch. The EAO quick selector reference is 188 pages.

Latest posts

Back