Mackie 1402VLZ gain pot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuudNL

A friend of mine has a Mackie 1402VLZ mixer, about 10 years old.
Everything works fine, but on some (the most used!) channels, the gain pot is unreliable.
I once repaired a similar Mackie mixer, so I know how time consuming it is to take the thing apart!
This is the most important restriction for me to have a peek inside, to see which brand/type they are using...
I know it is a 5 K. reverse log pot.
Who knows the manufacturer or type number and maybe even where to get them? (Preferably in Europe.)
Any help would be highly appreciated!

I have already tried different service points, but most of them don't even have them in stock, or they ask ridiculous prices!
(As far as I can see it is nothing special: a 9mm. vertical 5 K reverse log. pot.)

+1 to what Gyraf posted. The Mackie gain pot is surely a semi-custom part they bought directly from the pot manufacturer in large production quantity.

Those were pretty popular mixers so hopefully their service department still supports them with repair parts.

I suspect there are similar, maybe even better parts in other brands small mixers, but pot shaft, bushing, and PCB layout may vary.

JR

I busted off 2 sliders on my Mackie when I did live sound. Call them. They have unprecedented customer service. The pots where sent free of charge and not even shipping. They are that nice!

John

Back