Any interest in simple dual rail power supply pcb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mus1k_freak

Designing because I can't find one that fits my needs for most projects.  A pcb with 2 lm317 that can be adjusted with a simple filtering section.  Pcb's will probably be $10.  Give you 0v and +/- whatever you need the only thing I've seen is from Jlm which  is way overkill for what I normally need could  rack a couple 500 modules probably too, gssl ssl9k etc.  If there's interest I'll order a bunch if not  just get a couple

mus1k_freak said:
Designing because I can't find one that fits my needs for most projects.  A pcb with 2 lm317 that can be adjusted with a simple filtering section.  Pcb's will probably be $10.  Give you 0v and +/- whatever you need the only thing I've seen is from Jlm which  is way overkill for what I normally need could  rack a couple 500 modules probably too, gssl ssl9k etc.  If there's interest I'll order a bunch if not  just get a couple

I build my power supplies into whatever I design, so a separate board doesn't make much sense for me.

-a

> Give you 0v and +/- whatever you need the only thing

http://www.canakit.com/12v-200-ma-symmetrical-regulated-power-supply-kit-ck342-uk342.html  ?

The kit is 3 bucks more than your quote, but you get some parts for future projects.

Thanks guys some good options I'm just trying to find something cost effective for us guys in the US.  Looks like I could probably get the cost down to about $6 per board. It would be something similar to this
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119/ekevin999/Module/SP-2-LM/SP-2-LMSCH.jpg

could also put a kit together with all the parts for probably $12 or so

;D ;D ;D  Sorry I stopped selling my +/-15V power supply kit several decades ago... I may have a few boards laying around (but it used the then popular 7815/7915). I cringe when I think I had customers wiring up transformer primaries on open PS boards. AFAIk I did not lose any kit customers to self electrocution. 

Yes, If you are laying out a PCB for a design, you might as well roll in the power supply too.  Why add wires and impedance that could impact regulation quality.

Back before SMD it wasn't that hard to bread board circuits using through hole parts and I even had some generic bread boards laid out for common opamps. I ate my own cooking and used my generic PS boards to power prototypes.  These days not so easy, some of the parts I use now don't even exist in through hole versions.

I'm with Andy any new project I do will usually get it's own PS, unless it's some Frankendesign based on a previous platform.  I did one about a year ago with +/-15, +5V, and +3.3V but it was unusually busy with lots of moving parts. 

JR

I definitely agree with in  it in any new designs but right now I'm racking a pair of ssl9k pres and that's where the frustration came from haha.  So for stuff like that I thought it would be handy.  If there's not a big need for something like like this ill just breadboard the few  need  :)

Latest posts

Back