Basic 11 slot 500 and 51x module racks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Wall of the new racks.
It has some cosmetic changes and also some construction changes made.
For module mounting I have choosen aluminium profiles to have more support and for thouse who might need to change them more often.
Wall_large.JPG

PSU rev 2
The powersupply has been resized.
It is now lower than the previous one.
New PCB inside. Also the powerinlet has been changed and now has a light indicator in the switch.
PSU_large.jpg

thanks served!
The rack is arrived!

small marks on the corners
but this is not very serious

thanks a lot for your professionalism

Currently upgrading the packing solution pointed out by the people who recieved theyr racks.
Gregs (ilikeit) rack will be called back for repairs. I hope this will never happen again!!!

ilikeit said:
thanks served!
The rack is arrived!

small marks on the corners
but this is not very serious

thanks a lot for your professionalism

Hi.

Some time has passed.
Orders are getting filled in time. Things are starting to get in place. Some new things are on the way. Now I can manage to do other things also. So its looking good.

There has been two orders for the transportcase set. So I would like to upload a picture of what the thing is about.
Its a rack for 51x or 500 modules.  You can fit 22 modules inside this beast.
The case comes with front and back cover obviously.
It will not stop large bullets, but it will protect your gear from the problems on the road.

Side1_large.JPG

For more pictures: http://vandaal-electronics.com/products/studio-gear/50051x-portable-recording

Hi Ardi
Sorry not to report back. The racks are awesome!
Thanks

Attachments

• tmp_DSC_0147926665649.jpg
    tmp_DSC_0147926665649.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 105
Hi all.

Would that be okay to ask for your opinion about the rack and put your quotes on my webpage?

I have filled all the orders and waiting for more, this would be a good way to engourage people!

Thanks!

PS: Still no rack mount PSU.. it looks like its going to be abit more expensive that I estimated, so some more work is needed to bring the price down. Having problems to come up with a good design.

I have some Voltage meter PCB- s for 51x standard connector. It also has some addition features. I will post about it tomorrow.

Hi Ardi

Recieved my rack. Works flawlessly. Excellent build quality, but not yet stuffed up completely. Will post pictures when completed. It is ledd heavy then I expected. A good mobile solution for me, as it was intended to be.

Cheers

Some upgrades have been done.
I have made some modifications in the rack and inside the PSU unit.

Now the Rack comes with pre inserted stoppers for 500 modules.
Some PSU units have been burned due to the 500 modules shorting the 48 +/-16V rails that is causing the 48V rail to fail and +16V rail to fail. As the +16 and -16 rails are paired the negative rail is also shut down to prevent any damage to your modules.

So now the rack is easily usable with 500 modules also.
I will add pictures of the mod once I can get a super macro lense.

Hi.

I am moving the website. So it will be down for some days.
Also I have to make a new design and the plan is to make it with online store. So I can put some goods up on it and make the process more comfortable.

Also I am changing the email adress but the old one is also going to stay.

Hey served, since this support both 51x and VPR are there any known modules that will have problems with the chassis?  I think I'd like you to put me down for one!  Is that 500Euro including shipping to US?  Great work BTW.

Category 5 said:
Hey served, since this support both 51x and VPR are there any known modules that will have problems with the chassis?  I think I'd like you to put me down for one!  Is that 500Euro including shipping to US?  Great work BTW.

Hi.

There is only one module that will need some effort to fit in. But there are no modules that will not fit.
So you are safe! Don't worry!
If you happen to get a module that will not fit, there are some steps you have to do (just some adjustment) and you are good to go again.
One rack shipped to US costs 550€
It will have an export transformer. That can be switch to 230VAC mains or to 115VAC mains.
Shipping includes tracking.
You can directly buy the rack here.
http://vandaal-electronics.com/500-rack/

Best!

Ardi.

ArnoldLayne said:
Hehe nice-looking Colour Pallette in there.. How do you like it so far ?
I finally got some time to build mine  :p

Just got my second pallette  ;)

Going to fill all the preordered Racks and then the rack is back in stock!

Yes.
Finally there is a Rack PSU in proto.
Also there are some really good updates in rack for the DIY world.
But I will anounce it once its available ;)

Back