I need a good Buss EQ kit. Anyone Can Help??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeromeMason

I want to build either a Sontec or a GML 8200 for my stereo buss.

I know there is a Sontec kit, but I don't think it's available right now, and I havn't yet seen a GML 8200 style kit. Can someone help me find where to buy either one of these?? I'm selling off all my commercial gear and have started to be purely DIY for my studio. It's cheaper, better quality components, and if something goes wrong I know the gear inside and out. I LOVE DIY!

I'm also going to school for EE so hopefully I'll be able to design my own gear in the near future. But for now I need the help of others. I would really love to find some PCB's for either one of these EQs, or if some partial kits are out there, that'd be even better!

Hope some of you can help. Thanks so much and happy building!

Jerome Mason

The 8200 is the godfather of parametric eq. I read it's hard to clone the opamps. Something about keeping trade secrets. That's why you will see opamps encased sometimes as to hide the components to be more esoteric.

druu said:
I think at this point in time the BP Net EQ is your best net for a DIY bus eq.

Does someone sell a kit for this EQ.... looks a lot like a Masive Passive to me. I found a BOM but wasn't able to find a kit with PCB's and a source for a front plate and case.

Back