• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Altec 16402 output transformer (436-A-B-C / 438-A-B-C compressor / limiters)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafafredd

Hi. These transformers were originally used on the output of the Altec 436A, 436B and 436C as well as 438A, 438B/and 438C tube variable mu compressor / limiters.ompressors.

I want to buy one of these. I can also trade for very good stuff. I have tons of transformers and DIY parts. If you have a pair, that would be even better.

Thanks!

I sold a NOS one on here 4-5 years ago....haven't seen another available since then.....sorry.  I'll try to notice any that surface, anywhere. 

Thanks for the heads up. Exactly what I needed. But no way I will be paying that kind of money for a pair of the output transformers alone, when the entire compressor can be bought most of the time for ~$800 (seen cheaper also). A pair of compressors with all parts, including six tranmsformers, case, tubes and meters would be just a little more than what this crazy Korean guy is asking.

I'll pass this one.

Still looking for reasonable offers. Don't really need a pair. A single will do for me.

Thanks again, Doug!

Crazy thing is he might get that price from Asia.    The one I sold here was $300ish, NOS, maybe 2009.  A dealer bought it.  Good luck, will let you know if I see anything else. 

Once I put a pair of The Peerless K-241-D on Ebay for bidding, and it went for more than a $1000.00.  EACH!

Asian buyer, of course.

Back