• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skylar's DIY CLOSEOUT Extravaganza - ROUND 3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylar

I'm exiting the DIY and music production scene, and it is time to part with my stash of goodies.
I want to express my most sincere thanks to this incredible community for everything I have learned and gained over the years.
I donated 7% of my "Round 1" sales to GDIY, which came out to $200, rounded up. Thanks so much everyone for the education and friendship!

I would  :-*LOVE :-* nothing more than to minimize shipping on this stuff, so local buyers and combined items are much appreciated.
I'm in Orange County, California by the way. Combined & local orders will be considered before individual requests and shipping.
Please DO NOT PM me; just ask questions here or send an email.
Payment via Paypal (buyer pays half of Paypal fees = 2%) or cash in person.

To order, send me an email [skylar at skylargray dot com] with your forum name, physical address, and PayPal email; I will then send you an invoice.

Let the festivities continue...

Round 3

Penny + Giles motor faders $50 $40 for both
PGFM 3200
hzGGTr1.jpg

E-MU PM5 active monitors $100
5" glass-fiber woofer / 1" tweeter. 80W RMS bi-amps (40W+40W). We developed these monitors during my time at E-MU to be a competitor with the Genelec 8030A at half the price. Quite a good set of monitors, but maybe I'm biased!
One of the monitors has a dented dust cap, but it does not affect performance. Otherwise, a very nice pair of speakers. Includes power cables, of course.
pk7Btor.jpg
oTYwQMH.jpg

Shure PG58 $25
It has a switch!
Bu5s7Dn.jpg

Digital cable assortment $75$50
A whole bunch of digital cables...USB, Firewire, Ethernet, Toslink, BNC, MIDI, Apple Lightning, HDMI, VGA, DVI, and more. See photos. Also comes with USB baluns pictured above.
lCbSBfD.jpg
MmSJlsW.jpg
LSdkZXj.jpg
Qr61hcB.jpg
MR7wNrP.jpg
f1bnac4.jpg
eSZeBUq.jpg

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I'm handling this on a first come=first served basis and sending out invoices via Paypal. Time-stamp of your post or email will determine your order in line.
I will ship anywhere, but be warned that packages shipped outside of the US will not be covered under insurance, and I cannot guarantee their safe arrival.

Item Status:
Round 1
Neve BA283 output card    audiophreak invoiced  paid  shipped
FiveFish PSUaudiophreak invoiced  paid  shipped
MCI VUsaudiophreak invoiced  paid  shipped
BA283 boardsnielsk invoiced  paid  shipped
Mystery Box 2nielsk invoiced  paid  shipped
various mic PCBsduantro invoiced  paid  shipped
shockmountsMatthisD invoiced  paid  shipped
MK-47 kitdeveng pickup  paid  picked up
Mic body parts IIdeveng pickup  paid  picked up
MK7 boardsduantro invoiced  paid  shipped
Mic body parts Iduantro invoiced  paid  shipped
Mystery box 3duantro invoiced  paid  shipped
U47 headbasketduantro invoiced  paid  shipped
Mystery box 1duantro invoiced  paid  shipped
Edcor transformerpH invoiced  paid  shipped
The rack (all units)dmnieto invoiced  paid  picked up
Marinair transformersjstark invoiced  paid  shipped
G7 projectScimitar invoiced  paid  shipped
1176 boardsiampoor1 invoiced  paid  shipped
Solder paste kitiampoor1 invoiced  paid  shipped
Round 2
1176 & 511 kitsjstark invoiced  paid  shipped
Daven Attenuatoremrr invoiced  paid  shipped
Mystery Box 4Winetree pickup  paid  picked up
KnobsWinetree pickup  paid  picked up
CarnhillsWinetree pickup  paid  picked up
Switches/PotsWinetree pickup  paid  picked up
Tubesdelaymix invoiced  paid  shipped
Capacitorsdelaymix invoiced  paid  shipped
Vintage Ammetersdelaymix invoiced  paid  shipped
embedded dev kitPurup invoiced  paid  shipped
Hammond enclosureShabtek invoiced  paid  shipped
Round 3
Snakes & Power meteremrr invoiced  paid  shipped
Beta 57a pair & Beta 52jplebre invoiced  paid  shipped
JBL MSC1 monitor ctrlrArnoldLayne invoiced  paid  shipped
Analog cablesHotel Valkenburg invoiced  paid  shipped
NT3s & KM84 projectPip invoiced  paid  shipped

interested in the " Neve BA283-based output card: This is just the output portion of the BA283 including Sowter 8751"  and the " FiveFish PSU-2448-mk2 kit: 24V–48V power supply kit with all parts needed " 

let me know, Thanks

EDIT :  also the MCI  VU  meters

emailed about the ba283 cards (not the output only ones), and the elam-250 & sec mic pcb's.

-Casey

If you're shipping to EU I'll buy the shockmounts and the BA283 PCBs if available.
Matt

Skylar,

I'll take the MK-47 kit and the Mic body Parts II.  I'm local so pickup any day of the week that works for you!

regards,
Jeff

Hello, sorry to see you go skylar.
I'll take the mk7 pcb, the bonus mic pcb(251) the mic body part 1 ( since 2 is spoken for), and the 3 mystery parts lots. Email sent.
Edit also take the u47 headbasket, the shock mounts, and the five fish 24/48 psu. Thanks!

Sorry Skylar, mystery mailer for the Edcor is me  ;D

Cheers,
Paul

Hey Skylar!
I would buy Marinairs, shockmounts and BA283 w/ Sowters 8751!
Let me know please!  ::)
Cheers.
Serg.

Greebok said:
Hey Skylar!
Cheers.
Serg.

Serg, the shockmounts and BA283 output card are already spoken for.

Skylar said:
Greebok said:
Hey Skylar!
Cheers.
Serg.

So Marinairs and Sowters are on sale separately? Anyway let me know if guys won't buy the shockmounts and BA283 promptly) - I could do immediate payment.

Greebok said:
Skylar said:
Greebok said:
Hey Skylar!
Cheers.
Serg.

So Marinairs and Sowters are on sale separately? Anyway let me know if guys won't buy the shockmounts and BA283 promptly) - I could do immediate payment.

Every item is separate unless otherwise noted. The BA283 is paid for, and I suspect the shockmounts will be paid for soon.
If you're still interested in the Marinairs, send me an email [skylar at skylargray dot com] with your forum name, physical address, and email. I will do a Paypal invoice.

Hey Skylar,

Any pics of the insides of the API style rack?  Please don't go to the bother of taking any if you don't have them already.

I've got lots of transformers and opamps lying around and have been meaning to do a rack of VP26 for a while, the 500 rack format might suit me better but this could work.  I'm in L.A.

Cheers,
Ruairi

ruairioflaherty said:
Hey Skylar,

Any pics of the insides of the API style rack?  Please don't go to the bother of taking any if you don't have them already.

I've got lots of transformers and opamps lying around and have been meaning to do a rack of VP26 for a while, the 500 rack format might suit me better but this could work.  I'm in L.A.

Cheers,
Ruairi

I don't have pics right now, but I will take some tomorrow when there's sunlight. It's set up with with 2 empty card slots inside already wired to the PSU and XLR I/O. So it would be just a matter of building the modules and plugging them in.

Skylar said:
I don't have pics right now, but I will take some tomorrow when there's sunlight. It's set up with with 2 empty card slots inside already wired to the PSU and XLR I/O. So it would be just a matter of building the modules and plugging them in.

Only if it's not too much trouble, I would describe my interest level as 2 notches above tire kicking :)

Are the existing channels all stock Classic API parts?

Latest posts

Back