Scott Dorsey - Making Mics Better circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustax

Hi All,
I've just built the Scott Dorsey's "Making Mics Better" circuit. I've followed the schematic and I've have the right tensions: 11V on the zener and 34V on R9. I've tried
the circuit with a standard K67 copy capsule but I've a constant "hum" at about 50Hz.
What could have happened?

Thank you very much.

Thank you kooma for your reply.
I guess so. I've connected the capsule backplate to the ground. And at the same ground are connected: C4-Z1; C1; R2; C5; R10 and pin 1 of xlr.

@Ruud: no, in this moment the board and the capsule are in free air

Oh, in fact if I get close with a metal plate the noise decrease. Is there any electronics solution to fix or improve this thing?

ok so my circuit does not have problems. The only problem is the absence of a metal enclousure, right? Because I still hear that noise, lower but still persists

If you are an electron, and pondering passing through 1G ohm resistor.... the air around the wire you are on starts to look pretty good!

Gustax said:
Hi All,
I've just built the Scott Dorsey's "Making Mics Better" circuit. I've followed the schematic and I've have the right tensions: 11V on the zener and 34V on R9. I've tried
the circuit with a standard K67 copy capsule but I've a constant "hum" at about 50Hz.
What could have happened?

Thank you very much.

Hello Gustax. Did you solve the noise problem you were having?
How does the mic sound?

Latest posts

Back