1176 Rev D- Front plate potentiometer orientation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pkj07

Hey,

I have just completed the wiring for the 1176 Rev D that I am making, and am technically on the calibration process, however I don't know how the potentiometers, or even the knobs are orientated on the front of the unit.  I know some people have mentioned small arrows or markers to indicate the correct position, however I can't seem to find any indications. 

Can anyone provide me with a pointer in the right direction?

For the most part it really doesn't matter how the pots are positioned since the shafts are round and the set-screws in the knobs can be loosened and the knobs rotated later for fine-tuning. Looking at pictures I see many builders generally positioning their pots "lugs down" but i also see a variety of arrangements for the input (PCB down, PCB to the side, etc) and the attack (lugs down, to the side, at an angle), basically however they fit best and look nicest.

As long as they are tightened down for the final tweak, you can just back off the knobs' set screw and  fine tune them later with an allen wrench ("hex key tool") after they are racked and installed if you wish.

Just make sure they are tight enough that they cannot rotate, but not so tight they strip out and won't tighten at all! I bought extra pots and knobs from hairball/mouser just in case i "screwed it up" :)

Latest posts

Back