AC Sound Pi-3141 Pre-Order (PYE Comp) 2nd Round!! PREORDER OPEN!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

Hello,

:D :D :D

IMAG0390_2.jpg

This is the 2nd pre-order is for Pye compressor. Each pcb is a mono channel. The first round is all shipped!!
Glad to finally have these ready, the main thing holding back from having people build them on their own was the oscillator circuit. Relativity simple, without the correct toriod and transistor (obsolete) its a game of guess how many windings....

But now there is an option to sub in a 555 timer. Very very close almost identical waveform coming out to be processed by the sidechain circuit and audibly it is identical.

Im excited for people to build these and enjoy them! These boards design is all tested and good to go. Cinemag input, edcor sidechain, edcor or jensen output...

More details to come.

I'm looking forward to getting these boards out fast!

Thanks.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Please check out through the site:

http://store.acsoundstudio.com/pcb/ac-sound-pi-3141-vintage-pwm-compressor-circuit-board.html

Or if you want to just send a paypal and forgo the website, that works fine too, but be sure to include your address and what the payment is for. Its 45$ per board and 5$ shipping in USA, 10$ international flat rate. (I don't know what the sites shipping calculator is, so use at your own risk) Paypal is: [email protected]

Thanks!

Abe you where about to get an email from me asking when you where going to do these boards - Thanks!!!!! What do you estimate the total for parts? Does the BOM come after payment? I cant believe t! excellent

Biasrocks said:
Two on order.

I'm assuming there is a stereo link option.

Mark

Yes, they link the audio before the sidechain and also the dc voltage so there is a very solid stereo image when linking them.

Thanks guys!

dogma said:
Hey Abe - have you costed a chanel as a rough estimate minus the chassis?

Probably around $250 to 300$ at least...you can do it for more and probably for less. You need 3 transformers per channel...so that factors into the cost.

Abe,

These look really cool; however I'm a newb to DIY.  Will you have a handy build-thread / BOM for these like you do for your PRR-176 and CLX-VU? 

Thanks!

avieira said:
Abe,

These look really cool; however I'm a newb to DIY.  Will you have a handy build-thread / BOM for these like you do for your PRR-176 and CLX-VU? 

Thanks!

Yes. I want to make these as easy as possible to DIY, to make it as fun and enjoyable as possible. I feel good about the CLX build, I'm finishing up a more thorough manual for the prr-176 right now.
The pyes CAN be finicky to build, because of the HF oscillator, its very touch to placement of everything, but I've built enough of these now to feel very confident on putting the info in a hopefully easily digestible build manual.
The BOM and everything isn't ready yet, but it will be soon for people that want to be ahead of the game when the boards arrive.
Also I've made an effort to have every part easy to source...at least in the US, I imagine else where too.

I DON'T need another compressor, but I HAVE to have a pair of these.  Paypal sent.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back