A few questions regarding RS124/Altec 436 Drip build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjd2rjd2

hi all, i'm hoping someone might be able to help, or at least point me in the direction of where i COULD get help. (drip forum appears to be a ghost town, hard time getting responses elsewhere)

i'm finishing up a pair of RS124's based off the drip 436 board, using tomislav's mods. has anyone built these here by chance? i've got two questions:

1-the hold function. i'm not sure of the wiring. i've built out the release pot, and jumpered all of the alternate positions so they can function as a hold switch, but the build notes don't detail what those tied off hold positions of the pot get wired to. do i just jumper the hold pins on the pcb, and leave it as is? or do those hold positions need to be wired to a pad?

2-can the hairball 600 ohm output attenuator but used in this circuit, or is building the output attenuator critical for proper circuit behavior?

thanks alot for the help-rj

I would like to know also!!  I have the stereo rs124 drip board......and there is nothing on this board.  Like you said the drip boards are a ghost town.

**I haven't worked on this project, but I think I can help or at least get the thread started**

For the hold function, you are basically disconnecting the timing capacitors path to ground to discharge...so whatever resistor, or potentiometer in this case, changes the release time, you disconnect that from ground, or the circuit and essentially are "freezing" the gr where it is at. So the hold positions probably get wired to nothing ie: disconnecting the release pot from the circuit.

Another guess, as I haven't studied this project in much detail (yet) but since this unit was originally designed to be 600 oh bridging in and out the hairball 600 ohm attenuator should work just fine, if strapped across the output. Basically a volume control, that keeps the signal balanced and reflects a 600ohm in and out impedance. It WILL work, where or not its optimal...depends on the circuit, but if its 600 ohm output, then its optimal.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but hopefully this will at least get the thread going...

Latest posts

Back