lucid 88192 A/D D/A Converter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skal1

Hi

i have seen one of these on ebay and it looks like it is going to go cheap, just what to ask a few ? .

How would i get from a laptop into this  device , i know a mac book pro can do optical out through the hmdi i believe would this work , or would i have to but another interface to come out of the mac.

cheers

skal

skal1 said:
How would i get from a laptop into this  device , i know a mac book pro can do optical out through the hmdi i believe would this work , or would i have to but another interface to come out of the mac.

MacBook Pro optical audio out is on the same jack as the headphone jack. Plus in a mini-TOSLINK and off you go. But it's S/PDIF, two-channel only, not ADAT format.

-a

so i would not some kind of ADAT device , from computa to lucid and that should get me and out right ?

skal

As well as 8 channel AES/EBU digital in/out  the 88192 has ADAT 48K & ADAT 96K S/MUX digital i/o, so you can connect to ADAT interfaces.  Such as MOTU & RME & many others. This will connect you to a laptop.

Using the AES/EBU i/o is PCI (e) only, using a Lynx AES16 interface card which works on desktops.  There doesn't appear to be a laptop AES/EBU 8 channel option for laptops available?  :eek:

That's a really good price for a outstanding converter, they were/are very expensive new. And they sound great for recording & mastering, as many users will testify.  :D

I use mine with a Digi002, I would be more than happy with a AES/EBU card connected to a MacBook Pro, but nothing's available to do the task!!!  Plus a Lynx PCI card & a new desktop is too expensive for me at present!!  :-[

I have one and they're great. £300 is a bargin. I use mine for recording mix stems / masters.

I searched for ages for a way to get the the audio into my laptop for portable recording.
I eventually bought a RME Multiface. Gives you 16 i/o with very low latency. Connection via adat.
You can find them for <£200

I had an 88192 and absolutely loved it. My friend sold me a 16 channel Aurora so I sold the Lucid. But I really liked how that box sounded. Really nice.

Latest posts

Back