• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

the new V72 (pre order closed)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I'm trying to down size , I'd be in for a pair if there is another run , it may not come back around again!

I don´t have any PCBs left. If there´s enough interest we can do another run but i just had a surgery on my spine and have to literally get back on my feets first. Everyone who wants some PCBs please drop me a PM and please don´t get mad at me if i don´t answer very quick.

Has anybody ever finished his build?

cheers

Martin

Hey Martin,

I have to admit I haven't, but that's also due to the problem that all the files in your dropbox are not existing anymore (Partslist, pictures,...)
So all the links in your "shorten instructions" pdf are dead.

Could upload theses files again and post new links here?

Thank you and get well soon!!
Martin

I still need to order the iron and the enclosure. I do have most of the files if someone needs them.

Any suggestions where i can upload them without expiring? I think dropbox just doesn´t work that long since i never deleted anything.

thanks

Martin, which Sowter output would you suggest? The original ratio (11.2:1,  76k/600) or the alternative ratio? (9:1 , 50k/600)?

Thanks

Jim

How important are matched tubes here? 

I have taken the plunge and ordered transformers and case for this beastie.

No need for matching them. For stereo you can match each stage (V1-V1', V2-V2')

Zander

Right there´s no need to match them.

I have to be honest and say that i only used the original 11.2:1  Ratio transformer. With 9:1 you´ll get a bit more gain. The impedance ratio doesn´t change that much. If you connect it to a 10k line input it´s like 1,2Mohm to 800kohm. I can´t comment what happens with frequency response but i guess not much. Maybe someone else has tested both of them?

Got mine up and running.  Still tweaking wiring and ground scheme but it sounds bloody good!

Excellent work Martin thanks for all the legwork on this.  Big thanks to Zander also in putting me right on a few things.

Nice project Martin, i would like to jump in for 2 pcb sets.

Best regards and good health,
Iwan

How about a frontpanel and maybe a case too? I have to get back from rehab to check if everything works as expected with the new cases but it looks good so far.

A new instruction manual will come soon to give you guys a first impression. After that i´ll start a list of who´s interested.

Thanks for all the get well wishes.

Martin

In for a pair if you do another run.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Cheers
Mac

been wanting to build a v 72 project for a while. I'm in for a pair if there's another run.

Back