My mum taught me to say thank you (Hairball 1176 Rev A build)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairFax

Having successfully completed and calibrated my build, I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for their input.

That's right, I didn't make a single post, or write a single email requesting help. Every problem I encountered was solved by the phenomenal resources that Mike, mnats, and everyone else has provided. Mike, you write so well (did your mum help you with the build guide :)!!).

And yes, I took my time, checked everything three times before soldering it, and got my 7 year old daughter hooked looking up resistor values on an iPad app!

Neither did I encounter, in any of the threads I read, any of the cork-sniffing and one-upmanship that so often spoils other forums such as Ge**S**tz.

In my professional guise, I am in digital media and music education, where so many people I encounter are reluctant to share any knowledge without being paid. Boy, could they learn something from GroupDIY.

So tonight I'm raising a glass to the best of the web .. here's to you GroupDIY and all who sail in you. :)

Back