Seeking Opinions - Soundcraft 500/600

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazbo8

Are these old consoles worth getting/restoring? If so, what would be a reasonable price range for them (age, condition, etc.)?

TIA,
Jaz

I would suggest to find a 8000, I think it is one of the best that Soundcraft ever build (besides the older Series-Four) from that timeframe.
They have a great and flexible 4-way parametric EQ with Q-switches, a better mic-pramp and worth the effort to restore.
Recapping is a must (and increase capacities) in all cases.
We had great succes with upgrading the TL074's to TLE2074's. Changing the carbon 'fuse-resistors' into a wire-wound version, that act as a inductor in the power lines improves the coherence of the console.
I payed 1000 euro for this very well maintained 32-channel in flightcase.

Attachments

• 8000-32ch.jpg
    8000-32ch.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 43
Balijon said:
I would suggest to find a 8000, I think it is one of the best that Soundcraft ever build (besides the older Series-Four) from that timeframe.
They have a great and flexible 4-way parametric EQ with Q-switches, a better mic-pramp and worth the effort to restore.
Recapping is a must (and increase capacities) in all cases.
We had great succes with upgrading the TL074's to TLE2074's. Changing the carbon 'fuse-resistors' into a wire-wound version, that act as a inductor in the power lines improves the coherence of the console.
I payed 1000 euro for this very well maintained 32-channel in flightcase.

Thanks, I will look into it.

I do have a soundcraft s4 ( series IV ) available at the moment.  it is really an excellent piece.  I'm moving soon and can't take it.
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=55825.0

Its also something I was planning on parting out if no one is interested in the whole console.

8E2eFVt.jpg

Nice! It's way too big for my needs though... Couldn't you put it on consignment somewhere? It would be a shame to parting it out...

Latest posts

Back