STELLAVOX AMI 48

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissugar

Hi all.

I was away for some years and it is great to see that this forum is still the best :)

Last year I bought a completely dead Stellavox AMI 48 mini mixer and thought it will be a great project to restore.
First time I opened it, I was very discouraged because it is unbelievably condensed, with tons of wires, a real pain to repair so I closed it and put it away for a future moment I thought I will be prepared to waste time and brain cells.
Finally I decided to repair it and slowly managed to make it pass some audio on a couple of channels and one bus but very distorted. Cleaned contacts, replaced parts, replaced many old elcos with Panasonic FC. Now it works and sounds very nice but left channel is 10dB louder than the right channel. Individual preamps work consistent because I checked the direct outs for each channel, so the problem is after the summing.

Please, anyone can help me with service manual or schematic for this little thing. I don't know what trimmers should I adjust (or maybe replace other parts).
At some moment last year someone promissed me he will scan the schematic when time permits, but unfortunately no sign back from the guy.
Anyone please, this is a rare thing, and no info on the net :(
Thank you in advance.

chrissugar

Last edited:
Hello Christan,

All inputs come directly onto the input of the SOA+SOA output amplifiers (the blue sticker), after that it's the DIN socket, and both channels route to the SLE C  modules which drive the line outputs (bananas). There are two white trimmers below the SOA+SOA. Hook up a signal generator and a mV meter. Set input (line) and output faders to 0. Raise input level to 1,55V on the mV meter.  Adjust with trimmers. If still bad after this and the trimmer slipring positions are not about equal the problem resides in the SOA+SOA.

Though it might help

If it turns out to be the SOA+SOA module, I happen to have a spare on the shelf (+a couple of preamp modules).

No schematic though. Seems hopelessly rare. Sorry.

What a beaut!

Latest posts

Back