Hairball 1176 Rev D Power Supply Issues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeitsree

Hi,
I made a bonehead move and swapped polarity on the C25 cap.  I only have the power supply populated and the power transformer wired up.  I am pretty new to this DIY thing.  I would assume the C7 C8 C9 and C10 diodes should be replaced?  anything else I should be worried about? 

Fix the issues in the PS then recheck - you will likely be fine and won't need to replace the diodes.

No worries bud.  Take your time and you will be fine.  Good on ya for giving this a shot!

dudeitsree said:
Hi,
I made a bonehead move and swapped polarity on the C25 cap.  I only have the power supply populated and the power transformer wired up.  I am pretty new to this DIY thing.  I would assume the C7 C8 C9 and C10 diodes should be replaced?  anything else I should be worried about?

Hi Thanks for the encouragement!  I replaced the cap correctly.  Now I have some more issues!  I am getting incorrect measurements off of my secondary on my power transformer.  I double, triple, quadruple checked the wiring. 

I am getting:  37.6v on the 25v , 17.4v on the CT and 7.6v on the other 25v. 

Any Ideas? 

Latest posts

Back