[BUILD] The Rude Tube IVORY ====== Official build & support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
before i order:  how about sowter 3575

edit : sowter 8940 is very nice trx too...

I just got a pair of boards - they look great!
I was looking to order pots...
Why did you spec a linear 50k for the output control? I think an audio taper would give better control.
And could it be a larger value? I'm looking for dual pots to make a stereo unit with one set of controls, and it would be easier to get a 100k.

Lundahl US is pretty damn fast. so i went with LL5402's... just finished,
already sounding awesome  8)
thanks again  :)
oh, i wired the pots wrong way round  8) ... but i am gonna leave it like that for now...

ps: STA gonna be Sowter's tho for sure.

Attachments

• Ivory.jpg
    Ivory.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
oh boy, i am switching to double pots, and add trimmer pot for stereo balance...
fun to twist, but so  many pots on stereo CH.

i think i will fiddle with hi/lo ratio.. and gain pot... gain pot  could do wider range !?

cant wait to take it to work  ;D

Hi,

Quick question regarding the stepped lorlins and the resistor placement...in the bom step 1 isn't populated?

Attachments

• lorlin.jpg
    lorlin.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 47
i am using pots...

knobs arrived, stock unit working nice:)
i added switchable 1uf to C1M. rolls of fizzy_ness nicely, when needed.
added 2k7 to output LL5402 too.

chris77 said:
Hi,

Quick question regarding the stepped lorlins and the resistor placement...in the bom step 1 isn't populated?

If you look at the Lorlins Sheet, there are 11 resistor values, and on the PCB there is 11 Resistors.
You can't go wrong :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pTRApcKet2ZYTQa3BgFNJeYawWr7BqK_kzjqoicdIlg/edit?usp=sharing

Best,

T.

Thanks .......was suffering brain fog  :eek: ,here's a pic of my build so far ,have the tubetown tt-t56 toroidal and a case on the way :)

chris

Attachments

• rudetube.JPG
    rudetube.JPG
    483.5 KB · Views: 160
Looks very good. I suppose you will go for 6,3V unregulated. That's fine, but nevertheless you'll need heatsinks for B+ and for additional  voltage.  R3 on psu doesn't look like a 3 watt resistor. For HT trim you could solder in a 470 R resistor instead of the the 1k trimmer.
Bernd

Yeah just waiting on the to-220 insulators before soldering in the heatsinks :) ,will use the toroidal secondary for heater,  for R3 the marking suggest 3.75w dale 470r,Mouser part no 71-CW2B-470 .

chris

Hi,

Almost finished :), tried using 6.3 unregulated for heaters there was some  50hz hum ,so decided to use the PSU ,sounds great now  8)

Attachments

• rudetube1.jpg
    rudetube1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 129
bernbrue said:
It´s in fact the slightly modified preamp stage & EQ of the Fender Blackface Champ. You can add a 6V6 tube and transformer and you´ve got a nice little guitar amp.
regards
Bernd

How exactly would one go about doing this, and has anyone here tried it yet?

Ralph

Back