Universal Audio 1008 Preamps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwhoodoo

I was looking into racking a few 1008 preamps.  Does anyone have information that could help me find the 15 pin female amphenol connectors that mate with these modules?  Thanks!

yes. however, there doesn't appear to be a part number on the amphenol connector, which limited the effectiveness of my searches.  I thought someone on the group may have dealt with this type of connector before and know what it is called in more detail than "15 pin female amphenol connector".  Thanks. 

A picture is worth 1000 words.  1008 preamps are very old, I doubt too many people have even seen them let alone know the connector type off the top of their head.

The connector on the module is Amphenol 126-151.  Not sure if the mating connector is the same part number, but it's a start.

I have a 15MB pdf of original UA 1008 documents.  PM me your email address if you would like a copy.

Mike

I have a pair on my bench that I'm racking up along with some info as well. pm me if you need.

Some old telco gear uses those connectors, I've robbed some there.  They show up on ebay for sale pretty often, but I've never once seen them sold with the part # referenced. 

Latest posts

Back