DIY Vertical Drip Fairchild 670 v2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work.

What made you put transformers on the outside of the case? I thought they were all board mounted on this project? Considerations of weight or of noise?

rob_gould said:
Very nice work.

What made you put transformers on the outside of the case? I thought they were all board mounted on this project? Considerations of weight or of noise?

Thank you.
V2 of the 670 PCB holds only some In and Out trannies. The control amp trannies as well as the 4 power transformers and the 2 chokes are on the back of the case. They help with noise and EMI, although The comp is extremely quiet.

This looks like a beast of an undertaking. Thoroughly impresses here  ;D

Fantastic build!!
What case is that? Doesn't look like the collective cases?
I'm about to start building one myself. Just waiting for drip to get the new batch of boards ready.
/
Emil

thank you for your kind words.
you can buy the case from Tat Purusha at http://www.diy-racked.com/diy-talk/

Nice, tidy wiring!

Finished my vertical 670 too.

Installed two 12VDC fans running slow at 6V too, unit gets really hot otherwise.

DonnieDarko said:
Nice, tidy wiring!

Finished my vertical 670 too.

Installed two 12VDC fans running slow at 6V too, unit gets really hot otherwise.

Congrats! You're right! those fans really help with the heat!

MrBlomski said:
Samples! Samples! Samples!  :)
How much Total spent?

Very nice Work indeed!

Thank you. It was a bit over 7 grand. I will put some samples as soon as I finish my UE100

I have a question... maybe someon knew where buy this led panel meter from v3 version Drip670?

Attachments

• img_1780.jpg
    img_1780.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 24
lukas said:
I have a question... maybe someon knew where buy this led panel meter from v3 version Drip670?

Hi Lucas

you can find them on Ebay like here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Mini-DC-0-100V-Red-LED-3-Digital-Display-Voltage-Voltmeter-Panel-Motor-/381374425176?hash=item58cbafe858

Latest posts

Back