1176 D raising the inputs levels gets my meter away from 0

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufus

Recently built an 1176 Rev d Kit by Hairball Audio, looking at the video on how to do the first calibration: I noticed that my input and outputs ARE WORKING IN REVERSE MODE...according to the videos... ??? When you raise the input; the meter is supposed to go to the right ; closer to zero, but mine instead it goes the other way??? backwards?....same thing with my output...I tried to calibrated the unit; even  knowing that was kind of fishy... but no luck...The only audible noise is a ground hum and white noise.  So I am stuck,I could really use some help, this is my first big DIY project. and I have no idea on what to do next....please someone help!!!!!

Thank you
Rufus Flint

Rufus said:
Recently built an 1176 Rev d Kit by Hairball Audio, looking at the video on how to do the first calibration: I noticed that my input and outputs ARE WORKING IN REVERSE MODE...according to the videos... ??? When you raise the input; the meter is supposed to go to the right ; closer to zero, but mine instead it goes the other way??? backwards?....same thing with my output...I tried to calibrated the unit; even  knowing that was kind of fishy... but no luck...The only audible noise is a ground hum and white noise.  So I am stuck,I could really use some help, this is my first big DIY project. and I have no idea on what to do next....please someone help!!!!!

Thank you
Rufus Flint

You have wired your pots backwards - take your time and look CAREFULLY at the wiring again. 

OK I have two pods; one reads A250k and the other one reads B5M...originally I had wired A250k pod to the release, and the B5M to the output;the wiring was done properly; so I decided to switched pots; A250K into Output and the B5M to the release...I double checked the wiring; accordingly to the instruction from hairball- ... I still get the same results...in GR mode; when the attack its set on (fully CW) if I increase the input; my VU meter goes to the left; instead of going to the right? when I set my 1176  into  +4 mode; the needle doesn't react at all; even when I increase the input to the max...any suggestions where to look for next? (I am attaching pictures of the pots and wires....)

thanks

Rufus Flint

Guys I really need some help here; I had triple checked my connections;they seem to be Ok,  I am still stocked in the limbo here!!! I am trying to to do the meter calibration (Gain Reduction Meter Tracking Adjustment); I cannot get my VU needle to move at all, when I raise the input and/or the output in meter at +4 and the ratio at 20... this driving me nuts...what where to llok for?...can someone please have mercy in my soul and show me the right way?????? (please)

Read (and search) through the main support thread.  When you're on the first page of the thread, use the 2nd search box for keywords in the thread like "backwards" or "reverse".  I've work through numerous builds this way.  There's a strong chance you'll find it in there.  For new questions I'd post it in the main thread, not only because it will get more eyes on it than making a new thread, but because it will be easier for others to trouble shoot in the future if it's all in one thread.

while checking my voltages against the MNATS schematic with voltages on the Rev D site...I discovered my C10 was not working...I replaced it and guess what?.... my compressor its working now!!!!!  :) you guys (on group DIY) made me read the bible on this site...but it works...finally ...you guys rock!!!!!!

Back