P2P pultec EQP1A questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepdark

Hi folks

Couple of questions for you. I'm building 2 of them, according to cayocosta layout, for a friend.

The original PT was rated 274v-ct. What if i use a 250v-ct PT? Less voltage to the first tube won't be a big issue I guess?!

I was looking at the inputs and output trannys. There is a model from cinemag, for the input one,  rated 600/600 + 18db, looking similar to the sowter one. Is there some particularities i should looking for or it's safe to go with cinemag?

For the rotary pots, the greyhill are really expensive. Is it safe to go with lorlin switch? I know some hate them, some like them. Personnaly, i never got Any issues with them. They work really well. Is there some particularities about the greyhill? I guess i should choose non-shorting switch?

For the pilot lamp, if i go with a pt without 12v secondary tap, i could wire the lamp to the heater tap, like on a la2a. I know someone make a voltages multiplier to pluging in a 12v lamp on a 6,3v tap. I would like to know exactly how to do that.

Thanks all. Have a nice day. :)

Back