Oliver Archut (RIP)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melodeath00

I am very sad to report that according to my Facebook news feed, Oliver Archut has passed away. I do not know the cause of death, but this is terrible news. Sorry for the semi-off topic thread, but many of us have used AMI transformers, as well as other products of Oliver's, so I thought it was appropriate to post this here. If anyone has any additional information, it would be appreciated! I learned so much just from reading Oliver's posts online. I only spoke to him once briefly on the phone.

R.I.P.>>I had conversation with Oliver about some mechanical parts a  week or so  ago. Before that Oliver did not answer for almost the week. I even asked him about his health, but no answer. I knew, that he had the problems with heart, even was operated in hospital. But was a pretty long time ago. I was feeling, that something is wrong,- he rarely delayed to answer. But, suddenly, week or so ago Oliver answered  and said that he is ready to ship my order. It is on its way to me. Wow, it was only 7 days ago. I thought he is oK.

Heavenly Blessings to a friend and gifted genius...what a loss to the pro-audio community!...

RIP my friend!

Truly sad shocking news a true moment of pause....... :'(

I met Mr. Archut once at AES NYC years ago. I was walking down the aisles of the showroom and sort of made my way around this very animated chatting individual in front  of the TAB-Funkenwerk table because I had noticed one of the transformers on the table was an obvious tube output style type. I asked the person behind the table to validate my guess when the afor mentioned man pleasantly spun around and went into a wonderful description and further offerings to come chat with me (all the offerings are now available by the way). I later had a conversation on the phone with him about tubes for the U47 clones which again was truly passionate and insightful. Truly one of the passionate bright lights of the audio world has gone out.

My warmest condolences go to his close family and friends..... I can't imagine.

RIP Oliver

Very sad to hear.  The professional audio community has lost as asset.

58d02819942fc.jpg

Thanks So much for all your generosity and passion, you will be missed,
always take care of your true friends while they are there.
this is a huge loss to the community.
RIP Oliver.
Best,
Dan,

I read a bit of some things he had posted and was very, very impressed with this wisdom, knowledge, and depth of understanding.

Best new life to you Oliver; we all appreciate all you have contributed and all you've done for the DIY community in particular.

Mike

Here is more info:

http://www.allfaithsfuneralchapel.com/lifestory/clouds/home.html?Year=2014&Month=7&Day=19&FirstName=Oliver+H.&LastName=Archut

Latest posts

Back