• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Raindirk Concord channel strips for racking

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloff70

GDIY Supporter
Hi chaps,

I have decided to part out my Raindirk as its usefulness as a desk seems to have come to an end for me, but the sound of the pres and eq's is sweet, so these will make people smile in racked up new lives. I am keeping 4 for myself, as I don't want to lose the totally sweet, very wooden tone they give on acoustics and in general. The mic amps have 73dB and go all the way up without getting messy.

To show the sound of the preamps, here a couple of snippets of acoustic guitar, one strumming one picking, with nothing but a bit of hipass filter, no eq, no comp, no verb, just Gefell MV691 with M94 capsule up the Raindirk pre and bounced out for your perusal of said wooden tone:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6qx7os

The pre's make for a great Nick Drake tone tool.

These are from one very early (1979) cream Raindirk Concord and have Neutrik transformers on the mic inputs. Very unusual, might be the only one with Neutriks.  There are some mods:

- The original TL072's in the eq's are swapped for 5532's, and sound great. Top shelf/bottom shelf, two mid sweeps.
- The top and bottom shelves have PIO caps instead of the little standard mylar ones, which has made it more creamy (as in pics, fitted by Cyril himself for me)
- The channels have added line input attenuator pots and phase and 48V switches

As you can see, all the opamps are socketed, so should one want to play, it's easy. Also, a rather large amount of polystyrene caps gives away some of the qualities of this thing. In decent condition (as pics) but likely could do with a recap, some caps are newer than others. All the strips worked until I pulled them from the console, but sold as is due to age.

Obviously they are too long to go in a 19" as they stand, but all that's needed is to lop off the strip over the fader with a saw and hey presto, they fit snugly, and you can use the screwhole at the top of the strip and the top fader one to mount them on the front panel.

The faders are Audiofad/Bournemouth and still rather smooth, too, should you have use for them.

Looking for £150 per channel and there are at least 12 to be had. For more pics, please ask and I'll send them.

Attachments

• Concord_Pair_full_view.jpg
    Concord_Pair_full_view.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 242
Luuuuverly sounding channels strips. Now 12 available. I don't think you'll ever see these in this way again, as normal ones don't have the Pikatron input transformers, nor 5532's and PIO caps in the eq's. These things are rare and sweeet.

Do they have Pikatron or Neutrik transformers. Your post are contradictory in that regard Do you have Schematic? Can you post the Schematic? Also can not photo and clearly show the Mods.. i.e attenuator, phase, phantom, pio's etc.
and, can you not take and post more photos of the entire actual Circuitry?. It may help you to provide this info.
thank you

Whoops, they are Neutrik Transformers, momentary confusion sorry. More pics here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251622475447?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Schematics included.

Latest posts

Back