Drip UE-100

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yepp,

doing this. Already halfway trough the boards. Finished "Baustein C", "Baustein D" and the Amplifier Board. Working on an stereo version. Fun build!

I installed the Lundahls, as they not as big as the Sowters and I wanted to make a very clean build with as much as possible mounted on the PCBs.

I didn´t like the way the output transformers of the Drip 670 V2 couldn´t be installed on the board and some messy wiring was needed (in V1 you could mount them on the board).

Still waiting for the case and the power transformers, got everything else sitting on the shelf.

Pics would be great to see your progress. Which case are you planning to use? Also are you using Allied power transformers?

I will make some pictures in the next days. Finished everything but the "Baustein E/F" so far. PCBs take up most of the workbench when layed out side by side.

I´m gonna go with a case by DIY Racked as always with my Drip based Projects.

Think I might order some custom Haufe Transformers from here in Germany, they aren´t that expensive if you take oversea shipping rates and custom into account. Never bought Allied before too. Are they good? They where always mentioned as kind of a cheap alternative after Sowter and Hammond in some BOMs.

Pics are from two days ago.

Meanwhile, all the tube sockets have been soldered in place and the Bausteine A-F are complete with the missing resistors and caps.

Still waiting for some stuff for the PSU Board, the Transformer and the case. Everything else is done.

Bought some nice RCA rectangular plugs that I´m gonna use to interconnect the Bausteine.

In the BOM he only lists 470pf, so I guess these would be fine too.

However, I have a few of these layoing around:

CD19FD501JO3F

So I think they wont hurt either.

I will be using Hammond chokes Mouser part # 546-158.
According to Greg you do not wire the "LOAD" on the Amplifier.

Latest posts

Back