What happened to forum member "androidtube" and his White Market thread?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainton

I was just looking for android tube's white market thread because I wanted to order another LA2A case, but the WM thread has vanished,
his PM box is full and he doesn't respond to emails. :eek:

Does anybody know what's going on? The last thing I read was that he was preparing to offer some U47style mic bodies...

weird...

...actually I was thinking about designing my own "true-to-the-original" LA2A cases now that they are unobtainable.
a friend of mine is industrial designer and he said if we have all the measurements it would be an easy thing to do.

He said if we do at least 10 enclosures the per case costs go down by 50%...

I'm so busy at the moment, but in a couple of weeks I could look into it - I could start a feeler thread and if we find enough people it could work...

I was thinking about doing LA2A cases now that apparently androidtube won't show up anymore  :-\

I have a friend that would help me design it - as true to the original layout as possible.
He said if I find at least 10 people the price for the metal work would go down by 50%

I don't know how much they would be then but I would start a feeler thread to find out if there's enough people interested..,
...what do you think?

rainton said:
I don't know how much they would be then but I would start a feeler thread to find out if there's enough people interested..,
...what do you think?

Depending on the price, i'd be in..

rainton said:
I was thinking about doing LA2A cases now that apparently androidtube won't show up anymore  :-\

I have a friend that would help me design it - as true to the original layout as possible.
He said if I find at least 10 people the price for the metal work would go down by 50%

...what do you think?

+1. Could be two, again depending on price

Thanks CJ,
but we're talking true-to-the-original P2P LA2A like this one here I built not too long ago:

44910-020514143800-2111646.jpeg

44910-020514143800-210232.jpeg

44910-020514143800-208157.jpeg

This was using the enclosure made by android tube I modified to be even closer to the original.

But androidtube's White Market thread has disappeared and so has he...so we have to find another way ;)

So let me measure my enclosure with all cutouts and holes and as soon as I have the first layouts and know some
numbers I'll start a feeler thread on this

Latest posts

Back