BV08 AMI with incomplete core

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o3misha

Guys, my friend ordered at AMI BV08 transformer. When he inspected the transformer, he found that the core couple of pieces missing from one side. Note on the photo 7. This is an example of missing pieces. Look at photo 4, the plates freely fall out of the core. It's possible , that Oliver did not pay attention to them, or  unfortunately did not notice, as they jumped. As you all know, Oliver died. Who will be able to help with this problem - it is not clear mail Oliver no longer complies. Transformer can not be used? Will there be any artifacts in the sound?
All photos are here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ad0c396733fb/photos.rar

Guys, I need any opinions about possible problems with sound of incomplete BV08.
Thanks to all!

Dear Misha,

AT this time, for that manufacturer , i think that there are sad things more important to manage ...

i find you post borderline ...

maybe you and your friend could wait a little ?

To wait what? To ask somebody to help?  Fred, I do not need your sermons. Thank you for understanding.
In commemoration topic I posted my condolences. Unfortunately, my friend's last order from AMI coincided with the tragic events. As I advised him to order a transformer from AMI, - I feel some responsibility. I have no desire as something to offend the memory of Oliver .Maybe this incomplete x-former is not useless, and my friend may use it without artifacts? That is what I'd like to learn. Tab Funkenwerk has more important things to do now, - thats true. Thats why I asked people here. Oliver would never refuse to help, but he is passed away
BTW,One member is  ready to help me with absent two I parts of the core, already. Thanks to DIY forum!

My opinion is that you have to wait one or two weeks,to observe the proprieties, and then get back to AMI's quality control .

I don't want to sermonize

you posted here to have opinions

i gave mine...

I did not understand: how to observe properties? This transformer can't be mounted properly without using fake spacer or something like this. If we go this way, -will sound be changed with incomplete core? Or it is better to return incomplete x-former to distributor?

i mean one or two week seems appropriate after this tragedy
we all hope but we don't even know if the company is going to survive...

Maybe you are right Bruno2000 ;).  It is realy boring, I can't say anything without granger frederic. Hey Fred, why you follow in every topic with me? Do you want  to drink a couple of beer together?

Be sure that i don't follow you  ::)

but i check the microphones topics sometimes, and i react (sometimes also) when i read outrageous remarks....

yes, indeed, that often follows your posts ... :eek:

Nothing personal however

you did bashing about AMI BV8 in another topic (everyone can check before you delete the posts), and now you change your mind and recommend it to a friend ....

THAT is boring....

granger frederic, you still continue to argue and pull words out of context? I do not want this, I propose to complete our bickering, and you continue. What a bad luck I have with you??
This is ridiculous, but you're doing the wrong conclusions is not the first time, if you do not do it on purpose. Ok,
my answers to you:
1.I recommended AMI transformer because it is one of the best.
2.I , personally, prefer another BV08 copie- I did not change my mind - but they are not available ,  you can not buy them. So, AMI was good option among available ones.
3.I tested AMI transformer,- they are not very close in sound to original ( that what I said in other topic), - but this is only my personal opinion.
4.My friend does not pay too much attention "original sound", so it is not problem for him that AMI a bit different, because it is still very good x-former.
5. And last but not the least : Ple-e-ease, I don't need your personal  help and advices, granger frederic,  OK? :-[ thank you so much 

please call me "fred", it sounds better.

feel free to not respond systemically to my posts, especially to say everything and the opposite.

i find this topic completely useless

end of discussion for me.

I recieved one opinion about x-former with incomplete core: it may loose some inductance. 

Hey Misha. Yes, it will loose some inductance withouth those 2 "I " parts but really doubt it will be audiable. From my point of wiev 10% tolerance is acceptable with this kind of beast ;) same effect u will have with tightening the core. When you tighten the screw air gap between I & U parts is changing. It can vary +\- 5H. Or even more...

Thank you Sergio wrote about it. Finally, someone gave a constructive response to the topic, not advice to wait 2 weeks. Thanks

Misha,

I understand a fellow named Joshua is currently working on issues like this at AMI. Perhaps try contacting him at sales at tab-funkenwerk.com and see if they can replace the transformer. I am told they plan to continue in business, I don't think they will close the doors anytime soon. I called today about some business I have with them and reached Amber, the shipping lady. Joshua is supposed to call me tomorrow. I will mention your issue to him.

Robert Mokry
Austin, TX

Back