Ring Style Hard Mount For Tube Microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidvybes

...I was looking for a hard mount option for a couple of my DIY tube mics and wondered if anyone has either found a source for them or possibly tried any of those available from brands like ADK...these mounts are less bulky and allow closer micing of sources...

...looking for something that will work with the mic bodies Chunger has sourced like the SYT-5 and GT-2B...wondering if anyone has any experience using the ADK T-Series Ring mount will work made for the ADK TT and TC tube mics (see pic)...

Attachments

• $T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfF8BRDFoYzTFg~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfF8BRDFoYzTFg~~60_12.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 11
I like using these too for most applications where space is a concern. I got them with my aurycle bodies instead of bulky shockmounts. Build quality isn't great because the thumb screw / tightening screw broke after normal use on one. I was able to make it better with some home depot thumb screws and washers though. $29 sounds reasonable to me if it fits.

Cheers!
-jb

I just reached out to a vendor who was kind enough to measure that particular mount, and it's too large (1 5/16")...the SYT-5 and GT-2B appear to be closer to 1" (26mm?)...he stocks another smaller mount of a similar style, but that one measured 13/16"...so no go on those options...

...there are exceptional expensive options like Gefell (pic)

...any other thoughts?

Attachments

• 94773.jpg
    94773.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
Back