Monitoring and Talkback Solutions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

I remember Igor had a product a while back that I didn't order because of all the problems I was reading about things not getting sent out etc.  Just wondering if anyone knows of any DIY solution for a talkback setup, with a few analog input channels to send to a headphone amp?

sr1200 said:
I remember Igor had a product a while back that I didn't order because of all the problems I was reading about things not getting sent out etc.  Just wondering if anyone knows of any DIY solution for a talkback setup, with a few analog input channels to send to a headphone amp?

I remember Igor had some talkback project, probably to had to his control room project, but I dont remember specifics.

You could DIY a box with the simplest and cheapest DIY mic pre you can find, then had push non-latch switch to make the output of the Pre live or dead, input jacks for line inputs, some resistors to sum them together plus summing to the output of the talkback mic pre,  and then you have a summed Mono or stereo summed output, seems quite simple.

would it work for you?

There is always the aux bus setup If you just need to get by for a session. Also, if you are on a Mac, Massey has their talkback plugin available for free.

I saw in another thread Sound Skulpter has a prototype CR module with talkback. That would be the ticket if he gets it into production!

sr1200 said:
In true behringer fashion they completely copied the samson CControl

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CControl

Yes definitely,
I have the samson and its useful, I only use it when I setup a remote recording gig, and when I work away from the studio.

To be honest Samson is also an affordable brand, I really dont believe it will be better than the behringer.

A friend gave me the samson, but if I had to buy one myself  I would buy the behringer because if fits the needs I have when using this equipment.

Latest posts

Back