white 4400 eq transformer specs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e-mailed white. I got a response

The input transformer is designed to work from 600 ohms or less into a
100 kilohms, 1 to 1 ratio.  The output is similar but designed to work
into 20 kilohms.

So I am looking at 1:1 transformers.  Values?

pucho812 said:
Anyone know the transformer specs for the white 4400 eq?  white had them listed at part number 4391 for the output and 4390 for the input.
measurements attached.

Attachments

• 4390.txt
    780 bytes · Views: 7
No I got a pair of 4400's in trade. Stock sans options the are electronically inputs and unbalanced outputs.  They had a transformer option which added transformers on the in and out which would then balance the out.  Looking to put some in to have a balanced output although running it unbalanced into a power amp might be just fine.

i think they swapped the 100 hz with the 20 hz, unless it is a weird transformer,

20 Hz -0.2 dB
100 Hz -0.5 dB
1000 Hz 0 dB
10k Hz -0.2 dB
20 kHz -0.6 dB
30 kHz -0.9 dB

CJ said:
i think they swapped the 100 hz with the 20 hz, unless it is a weird transformer,

20 Hz -0.2 dB
100 Hz -0.5 dB
1000 Hz 0 dB
10k Hz -0.2 dB
20 kHz -0.6 dB
30 kHz -0.9 dB

corrected.
100 Hz was -0.05 dB

In my work with PMC I am in a lot of studio, listening to a lot of monitor systems.  I have yet to hear an install with a White EQ that didn't sound better with it removed. 

If you do plan on installing on a set of mains I'd ask what you are trying to achieve and think about other routes to get there.

Cool man, just giving my experience. 

In a fixed installation with eq > amp(s) > speakers an unbalanced out will be just fine.  Impedance balancing would be super easy and offers most of teh advantages needed.  Transformers in the monitor path are a tricky business.

going to try going from eq's > amps > speakers. Should be fine if  the eq has unbalanced out as the inputs are electronically balanced. I'll have to listen and see...

BTW: Does anybody have schematics for the 4400? I've owned a pair for a few years. They do sound nice, but and  the hi and low pass filters cut some bass and top end even in their extreme positions. For studio use it would be great to remove the hi and low pass completely.

Latest posts

Back