25th hour in the day

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggler

Where is it? I need one! Been so busy with regular work, freelancing, not to mention the whole microphone body saga (I hope to drive down to North Carolina to pick them up from Eric)... Family, kids... Recording... Teaching night classes... I have to work on two tape machines and see what the heck is up with one of my compressors... Sleep feels like it it optional. Just can't get everything done and to a place of homeostasis. I feel like this is what stress really is! How do people make time to have real days off and have vacations and all that? Or is it just being over committed that's the issue? I have been going metal detecting and bottle hunting, but I can't really make time for that anymore. ARGH!!

/rant over/

:)

a friend of mine when he plays shows tells this little story before breaking into a song

That there was a scientist who went to live in a cave with no lights, clocks, etc for weeks. Nothing to tell him what time it was. Shortly while be in the cave his natural body clock changed over and started in on being a 36 hour day.  The song itself talks about needing a 36hour day to juggle, job, kids, sleep, personal time and the wife. Now I don't know if the story is true but I do know that the idea of a 24 hour clock can easily be rearranged inside a persons circadian rhythm but most doctors call it a sleep disorder.

You could try Polyphasic sleep where you sleep for several short stretches in a day vs one long one. In theory it would give you more time as your body is doing a constant recharge of the human batteries but I don't know if it actually works but it is a theory.

Best is to just hang in there.

more hobbies = less time

I remember when I was younger feeling bored
But I don't EVER feel bored anymore. But I play music, build electronics, spend time with my sig other, remodel the kitchen, go to work, etc etc

If you pause and take a breath (which I have to remember to do) and reflect on all the things you enjoy doing in your life, you'll realize you are blessed. And maybe should try to do less if it is too overwhelming!

I have serious trouble with my circadian rhythm, I really prefer the night to develop any activity, It happened, usually, problems that I couldn't solve in maybe 2 or 3 hours during day times solving in less than half an hour at 3am, you tell my professors to have my test at that time...

Since I was a child I go to sleep late, there where no chance for me to sleep at 10pm, about 1am much likely, my sister was always sleep after 9pm, so is not because my home environment. Then, at highschool I started to work in a pub, even if it's normal to get eventual times at there not working, working fri and sat up to 8am and probably wed up to 5am (school mon-fri 7am) and sometimes wed to about 5am also. It wasn't a problem for me, just strange for some people, I really sleep monday nights, I expend one month only sleeping mondays many hours and about 2 hours the rest of the week, I was at my last year and between school, parties and work I just hadn't time to sleep other than monday. I don't know what doctors would tell about that... I usually don't have trouble to change my hours, I doubt I would have jet lag, never went to the other side of the rock tough. Eventually I get a couple of days to sleep, this weekend I had one of those and was nice, but then I just can't stand waking up in the morning unless I really have to, and even then is hard to sleep before 3 or 4 am, sometimes even later.

It would be neat to have longer days, but you have to tell the earth to spin slower... I had been in a longer day myself, maybe 26 or 28 cycle, it's nice but it's hard to stand, because of two things, one is commercial hours, which makes hard to go out and buy things when you need them. The second is the people around you, everybody thinks calling at 11am or 12pm is a good time, if I am awake at that hour is because I'm busy! If I sleep 4 hours in a day, my dad WILL call me just at the middle, no matter if it's morning, afternoon or night. It's not really easy for me the timing, and sure for many other people, but it's true that a little more flexibility would be neat, as physicist says, nature is wrong...

JS

Back