mini pcb for relay switching?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trans4funks1

Hi,
I learned a lot from pctop's m251 pcb. I was especially interested in the relay switching as I had been interested in onboard switching yet having trouble finding a way to install one in mic bodies that are easy to buy.

I'm thinking about trying to make a small pcb "sub-component" that is dedicated to mounting 3 small relays and providing enough stub traces and pads to make it easy to integrate the relays into a circuit. I imagine it as a small board that can be used for diy projects that are primarily turret board or point to point construction.

Pctop went with true point to point connections near the relays to avoid noise issues... I'm wondering if it's worth trying to go with a PCB, traces, and pads. Any thoughts?

I have read that Matador works with a fabrication house that uses either a special board product or some sort of finish to address noise issues with high impedance circuits. I'm wondering how I can request or search out similar features if I decide to order up a small batch of these boards.

I am not trying to get into the "market" scene, and I'd happily buy a board like this from someone who had expertise in vending an item like this. I'm hoping to make it happen for my own projects and interest and hope someone can offer some guidance or advice.

Thank You.

Back