Length of AKG C-12 and/or C-24 body tube?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

I know the OA length is ~255mm, but I need to know just the tube length, without capsule housing. I'm making parts 8>]

Anyone know, or have one or the other 'laying around' they could measure?

Thanks
Dave (shaggy)

Just playing around with photos of the C-12 and considering the known OA size, I estimated between 183-185mm for the body tube. 184mm looks good.

Thanks Doug. I cut a dozen or so lengths of brass tubing the other day @ 185mm. Unfortunately the OD is a couple mm oversize from original. Oh well, I'm not doing museum replicas. Maybe it'll turn out to be an advantage 8>] Still need to find correct size brass to turn tops and bottoms...this might take awhile!

BTW, anyone want to loan me a C-12, just PM me (LOL) 8>]

Dave (shaggy)

Dave.

I am curious. What are you thinking for the internal structures for a C-12 body? Original or something modern? For an uncluttered look at the internal structure without components mounted, FLEA Microphones sales or used to sale a C-12 body. You can see what it looks like here:

http://shop.flea-microphones.com/index.php?page=productDetail&category=Mechanical%2Bkits%2B%2526%2BParts&prNum=37&group=C12

I think Oliver Archut used the C-12VR type structure with the original C-12 length for his body.

Hi Doug...
Thanks for the link, I think(!) Damn, that Flea C-12 body with the plexi turret boards is gorgeous! Damn! 8>/

Hope that answers your question (LOL) 8>)

Dave (shaggy)

I have a fetish for the plexi boards too! 8) they definitely have a certain allure.

c-12-p-to-p1.jpg

Sorry to chime in so late on this. Measuring some I have here length is 186mm or 7 5/8 inch. Wall thickness is 1mm. O.D. is about 41mm.

One feature most clones don't include is this ring covering the headbasket screws.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 57
Tim Campbell said:
Sorry to chime in so late on this. Measuring some I have here length is 186mm or 7 5/8 inch. Wall thickness is 1mm. O.D. is about 41mm.

Hi there, Tim. No problem at all. This project is probably quite a way down the road for me, but thanks very much for the useful info. I shall file it away carefully 8>]

Dave (shaggy)

Latest posts

Back