MK67 - new U67 clone coming up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruairioflaherty said:
Excellent project Max.  Another vote for the resizing the PCBs for the TLM67 housing when you can, I would commit to buying that.

I own one of the very limited run of 67 re-issues that Neumann did in the '90s, let me know if you need anything.

Cheers,
Ruairi

yes please could you take high res images of the insides from all angles?

J

Melodeath00 said:
Sure. I am just surprised. There's more people than I would have thought interested in that avenue. I would also go that route if I had more money!

Myself? I will go with chunger's SYT-5 body. Unless Max makes a U67-clone body...

Where are these TLM67 bodies available?

Another vote for Max making a mic body. The MKU47 is fantastic! :)

ruairioflaherty said:
Excellent project Max.  Another vote for the resizing the PCBs for the TLM67 housing when you can, I would commit to buying that.

I own one of the very limited run of 67 re-issues that Neumann did in the '90s, let me know if you need anything.

Cheers,
Ruairi

and I'm really interested as to what coupling cap they used on the re-issue as the original dry electrolytic Siemens and Halske wasn't available.

J

JessJackson said:
ruairioflaherty said:

Cheers,
Ruairi

and I'm really interested as to what coupling cap they used on the re-issue as the original dry electrolytic Siemens and Halske wasn't available.

J

Cool.  Pics when I get a minute.

After taking some measurements, this is the U87/Tlm67 to U67Pcb.
Like the original, the capsule socket houses the hiZ parts.
U87_to_U67.jpg

Superb Max, thanks for doing this. 

Life is busy but when I get to build one I can do very direct comparisons with my 67 and report back, I expect good things.

Max, nice..

Looks like your missing the bottom board that sits inside the lip of the bell with the pass through filter caps on it.

Theres also two metal pins that stick out of the railings to stop the top board board from sliding upwards. Other than that I found that without the bottom board in place when sliding my housing back on and off it would get stuck as the pcbs are able to move downwards a couple mm. I will send you my exact caliper measurements later today.

It looks like you may have one too many components in the high z section.

I tried to reach out to you on email so we could work on this together.

J

Attachments

• u67inside2.jpg
    u67inside2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Jess, but i got all the measurements and details. I'll also receive a Tlm67 for prototyping soon.
Also i just placed the 500pF in the shell so i don't forget it (i know it belongs into the switch housing, which i did'nt draw)
My Pcb is held in place with the transformer clamp as shown here:

U87_to_U67_back.jpg

ioaudio said:
Thanks Jess, but i got all the measurements and details. I'll also receive a Tlm67 for prototyping soon.
Also i just placed the 500pF in the shell so i don't forget it (i know it belongs into the switch housing, which i did'nt draw)
My Pcb is held in place with the transformer clamp as shown here:

Max your sick with those 3d renderings. My hat off to you for that learning curve.

cool. yeah the metal that comes with the u87 is a lot bigger would need dremeling and drilling in order to make work.

What about the lower filter board? U gonna leave the filters out like i did?

J

Thanks J!
Yeah, i leave out the feed-through caps on the bottom, since there's enough filtering going on on the rest of the circuit.

-Max

Hi Max,

Are the MK47 kits (without the body) only available from the states now? 

B

Latest posts

Back