MK67 - new U67 clone coming up

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ioaudio said:
I'll collaberate with Chunger - PCB, mic body, PSU and probably the capsule will be included!

-Max

Can you keep PSU passive like dan's and original, no regulated heater psu please.

Cheers mate.

J

Without rectifier the mic would hell like hum :)
You probably meant regulation - but the original U67 heater IS regulated via Zener-shunt, not passive.
The B+ line is passive, of course.

-Max

How much of a difference would using the SYT-5 body/head basket make compared to the TLM67?

What is the difference between the MK67 and the D-U67?

I love it when a plan comes together  :)

MK67%20Pcb%20assembled.jpg

Wonderful kit! Do I understand that this will not be offered as a bare bones kit like the MK47?  It will be bundled with a body?

ioaudio said:
I plan to make both options available - with and without body/psu.

-Max

Superb ! Looks great Max!

The MataChunger universal PSU once available will play nice with your new mike kit ?

Yes, this version is for the  syt-5 body.

The Psu will be made from the "generic" Psu Chunger offers in his shop - just a modification is nescessary.

Only two resistors and the wiring missing:

MK67%20assembled.jpg

It's alive!
After finally receiving the missing resistors, plugging in a ef86, mounting a K67 and wiring the thing up it instandly worked as should:
MK67%20finished.jpg

I already did the tests with my prototype PCB this is the series PCB.
Everything worked as it should, freq/filter response was very identical the original.

I should have the first kits within one or two weeks.

ioaudio said:
I already did the tests with my prototype PCB this is the series PCB.
Everything worked as it should, freq/filter response was very identical the original.

I should have the first kits within one or two weeks.

Wow!  please price them so that I can afford two Max.  ;)  I only build in pairs these days it seems.  Very excited.  Gotta get a few projects of the bench before this drops.

Latest posts

Back