Have you ever shipped a half stack?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildafriend

Hey guys,

I live in Austin TX and I have a Marshall 4x12/jcm2000 setup that I'm trying to get back. It's resting in the suburbs near NYC at a friends house.

I have the weight and dimensions all calculated but it's not boxed up. I might have to pay a friend to pack it.

Any advice is appreciated.

I want to get the price down to as low as possible.

buildafriend said:
Hey guys,

I live in Austin TX and I have a Marshall 4x12/jcm2000 setup that I'm trying to get back. It's resting in the suburbs near NYC at a friends house.

I have the weight and dimensions all calculated but it's not boxed up. I might have to pay a friend to pack it.

Any advice is appreciated.

I want to get the price down to as low as possible.

That's a bog standard piece of kit, so flight cases should be readily available used. Buy the flight cases, ship the kit to Austin, then re-sell the flight cases for what you paid for them.

-a

At work we ship all kinds of large items including consoles/mixers. The consoles/mixers  get boxed and are large enough that we put them on a wood pallet and strap them down.  This insures they are on handled by machines or human operated machines and not a human carrying a large box.  They will ask you if you want to pay a lift gate fee, meaning when they get to the final destination they charge extra to use a lift gate when getting it off the truck.  You can get pallets for free as most grocery stores will toss them out in the trash. Then you can use the pallet for both the cabinet and head.

The trick " as low cost as possible "
go to a music store and see how they do it , as for an un-needed box
from said items

Try Busfreighter.com

My son moved from California to Virginia and had a lot of stuff left over that didn't fit in the pod.  I boxed it all up and shipped via bus freighter and it was THE cheapest way!

Rgd,
Jeff

I have shipped rigs and multi tracks using a "D container".  It is a medium duty pallet with a double-walled box on top.  It is only as good as the person packing it.  The cabs can be boxed and strapped to the pallet, padded and boxed.

My set-it-and-forget-it solution for equipment leaving NYC area is Rock It Cargo, rockitcargo.com.  They can do everything, or make the pickup.  They can give a detailed estimate cause they know the equipment.
Mike

Back