Newbie PSU wiring question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mica

I have a mic PSU i have almost assembled but want to make sure the wiring is OK so i don't blow anything up before i fire it up.

Im pretty sure about the AC and powerlamp wires, but the power input (the green one goes to ground chassis) and the switches (on/off and the 110/220V switch) , no so much. Does this look correct?

wiring-power.jpg

U47psu.jpg

(Sorry about the crude drawing)

Hmm i really need some help with this. Everything looked ok but when i fired it up the lamp wasn't working and i got smoke from the transformer and some cracking noises... Any thoughts?

Hi mica,
I made a drawing of the Apex 460 PSU for my own reference:

Apex-460-PSU-Schematic.jpg

I looked at what I drew and compared it to your layout sketch. If I did my drawing correctly than I think the changes I have made to your sketch, as shown below, may be helpful.

micas-PSU-Q.jpg

If anyone notices anything that needs correction in either drawing I will appreciate being made aware of it so that I can edit the drawings appropriately.

Thank You.

Just wanted to confirm your updated wiring sketch is correct. Everything works now.. Thanks!

/Michael

Latest posts

Back