V76 output transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthisD

Please post if you have any more details such as the core material, size, DCR measurements and inductance.

Labelled BV Nr.512 on the schematic, the structure shows two primaries in series and three secondaries in parallel, with electrostatic screen.

From Dave's V76 translation PDF; "with subdivided cylindrical windings". When looking at photos you can see that it has a split bobbin with two chambers.

This is not certain as I don't know whose readings they are or where online I saw them,
DCR:
Primary 650ohms
secondary 11ohms

Matt.

MatthisD said:
Labelled BV Nr.512 on the schematic, the structure shows two primaries in series and three secondaries in parallel, with electrostatic screen.

Thus wound in the same manner as the v72 opt which is well covered. Good info! 80% ni lams?

Landins said:
MatthisD said:

Thus wound in the same manner as the v72 opt which is well covered. Good info! 80% ni lams? EDIT: Not wound as the 72 opt, mixed it up with input. Probably a good way to wind anywas  :)

While pic-googling for this, I came across this korean site, apparently about transformer repair:

http://ohsaudio.co.kr/web/bbs/board.php?bo_table=ohs44&wr_id=34&sfl=mb_id%2C1&stx=admin&sst=wr_hit&sod=asc&sop=and&page=1

No V76 output, but loads of interesting images. Including some that CJ may know :)

Jakob E.

oh wow! were going international!  thanks, Jakob!

here is a prelim design for the 76 OPT that should get you close,

have not built one yet, just took the 72 specs, same sec. lower pri turns to match up with the 76 turns ratio,

let's see if the Koreans bite on this,  :D

Attachments

• v76-opt.jpg
    v76-opt.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 71
The DCR is the best giveaway as to turns count but I wasn't sure about those measurements in post #1.
What would be the inductance for 1000 turns on a EI75 core?  Nr.512 looks like it is a bit more than a square stack.

Latest posts

Back