Anyone have a contact for Equinox?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nielsk

I am helping a friend assemble the U-47 "kit" (mic body and capsule) he got from Equinox, and it is missing the screw to attach the base plate lead to the capsule.
Not getting any response to attempts to contact them, if anyone knows a way to contact OR the spec on the screw we could finish this thing!

Thanks!

nielsk said:
I am helping a friend assemble the U-47 "kit" (mic body and capsule) he got from Equinox, and it is missing the screw to attach the base plate lead to the capsule.
Not getting any response to attempts to contact them, if anyone knows a way to contact OR the spec on the screw we could finish this thing!

Thanks!

I don't think it comes with one. All leads in a standard circuit should go to the circuitry their is no "baseplate lead". Can you put up picture? Sadly Equinox has stopped for the time being and based on my last contact with one of the owners may come back but with a different DIY offering! It was awesome while it lasted

Maybe my terminology makes no sense, the capsule has 3 connections, one for each diaphragm (front and back), and one for the base plate (round brass assembly that the diaphragms are attached to).
The diaphragms come with leads attached, the base plate has a wire with a terminal supplied.
There were 2 screws included to attach the capsule to the yoke, but no screw to attach the base plate to the wire.
Without this connection there is no sound.... so quiet...

REALLY don't want to damage the capsule experimenting around trying to find something to work!

Back