Digidesign Control 24 Mods

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkidazz

Hi

I got a Control 24. It is glitching and faders have a life on their own at times.

A friend modded his with resistors on the PCB for the faders and changed stuff in the PSU. His was working great. Unfortunately he sold it and can't remember what he did.

So, anyone in the know?? 

Thanks!

I would start with PSU filtering, maybe a choke and a couple of caps may help, if you have sparks on your PS rails may be taken as fake 'bits' by your digital stuff. Is not sooo common but if the PS is not so good may be something. Also decoupling noises at your faders may help, small R big C at PS for each, or other critical noise points treatment, if your friend added some resistors on the faders may be to slow down the response in order to get better stability, that would be somewhere in the feedback loop from the position detector to the motor controller.

JS

I tried to talk someone at Black Lion audio into making an 8-channel preamp card for the Digi Control 24, pres that actually don't suck. And now, several of the main 220uF filter caps have failed and run super hot on my pre cards. I think there is enough room in there to put SSL type pres.  Anyone in here ever messed with those cards are made new ones?

The Tonic Room said:
I tried to talk someone at Black Lion audio into making an 8-channel preamp card for the Digi Control 24, pres that actually don't suck. And now, several of the main 220uF filter caps have failed and run super hot on my pre cards. I think there is enough room in there to put SSL type pres.  Anyone in here ever messed with those cards are made new ones?

What Control 24 are you referring to? I think there were 2 different C24 models over the years, I don't know if they have a different designation or not

Back