Component question about passive mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uffetuff

Hi!

I'm sorry if I bring up a topic that has been up several times before. The back story is that I just got a 24 track tape machine, and I have a 24 channel A&H Gsr24 console. It's only that there is no inline monitoring in this console so I thought the logic solution is to build a 24 channel passive mixer and send that back to a stereo return. I read all the treads about both balanced and unbalanced passive mixers I could find. I finally found New York Daves schematic as follows:

http://sneak-thief.com/passivemixer/balanced_PassiveMixWithControls.pdf

I know how to read simple schematics like this, and I have no problem building stuff following instructions, but I can't wrap my head around how to calculate resistors and stuff like that. (I'm also totally lost when it comes to math, maybe the same part of the brain?)

It this schematic the pan-pot is 20k… would it be possible to change this to a 45k? Cause I have a lot of those from an old broken console. What else do I have to change then? Do I have to change the way to calculate the shunt too in this case?

If it's too complicated I just order some 20k's, but I would be nice to same a few bucks plus I heard that it's better for the environment to recycle stuff ;)

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Damn, put it the wrong directory. Please move to mixers.

Latest posts

Back