GroupDIY - A fresh look and mobile/tablet friendliness (a work in progress)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heeeey...!!! Search actually works now...!!?!!! Very good development....!

Thanks, Ethan!

Jakob E.

Questions:
- Could we get the location information back in the members list? Good for locating like-minded in your neighborhood.
- I kinda liked the way the old version noted number-of-posts next to user name in the posts: Makes it easier to spot who knows their way around, and who may need a bit of extra patience...

Mine stopped for a while then I surfed elsewhere and now that I've returned the beeps are back.

I'm guessing it has something to do with Alerts but I can't find an option to turn the beeps off permanently.

I didn't know where the bips where coming at first, couple of tabs open all the time and I didn't know if it was a google alert, a fb message, or what, never thought they where coming from here till I read it. I hate web sites that produce sounds unless you expressly asked for. I don't have them anymore in the last 2 days, go figure...

JS

I went to

User>Profile>Profile Info>Alerts>Alert Settings

and unchecked all my alerts. Now, I don't have any beeping, but I wonder if I will ever see a alert such as a "PM received" notification etc.

It seems like a separate audio alert option would be nice so that we could turn off the audio beep while still having visual notification of events.

I think the new forum layout its heading in the right direction.  The new tweaks from the initial design have made a positive improvement.

trans4funks1 said:
I went to

User>Profile>Profile Info>Alerts>Alert Settings

and unchecked all my alerts. Now, I don't have any beeping, but I wonder if I will ever see a alert such as a "PM received" notification etc.

It seems like a separate audio alert option would be nice so that we could turn off the audio beep while still having visual notification of events.

If you deselected all alerts you won't get any alerts.
I was using the beep as a debugging tool, it is now disabled so reactivating your alerts will not result in a beep.

Apparently we now have a "smart search"... if only there were a search button... there isn't one on my screen... a standard PC screen running internet explorer.....  unless it is one of these stupid "hidden" features (like login).

It used to be there .... even on my phone (which had no problem with the old format).

Slenderchap said:
Apparently we now have a "smart search"... if only there were a search button... there isn't one on my screen... a standard PC screen running internet explorer.....  unless it is one of these stupid "hidden" features (like login).

It used to be there .... even on my phone (which had no problem with the old format).

Don't you just hit enter and it searches? Maybe I'm missing something..

If you set your page width too narrow on a browser, the search box does disappear.  Just FYI.
I don't know how that works on tablets/phones though.

bruce0 said:
If you set your page width too narrow on a browser, the search box does disappear.  Just FYI.
I don't know how that works on tablets/phones though.

It disappear but end up on the upper right corner with everything else in the bar, inside the menu (3 lines), don't know in mobile, but probably similar since it's the same web for both.

JS

Latest posts

Back