I hate the new look of groupdiy.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogguru

rant:

I hate the new look of groupdiy.com. It is totally confusing, therefore it is junk.

Unfortunately it appears that the admin prefers not to allow users to choose another normal skin like subsilver..... how sad.

/rant

Me Too,  at first I thought the new format was caused by them working on the site.
I find myself spending less time on it because of the change. Why did it change?

Ethan started a thread in the brewery to introduce the changes, explain the reason, and accept feedback

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=57278.0

Only Love and thanks from me. i agree that the new format is a little less friendly but i haven't checked it on a phone or tablet which might have been the reason for the change.

white light, white light messing up my mind
white light, white light gonna make me go blind...

ohhhhhhhhh white light, sure is funky.

I first I was opposed to the white back ground. Now I have become used to it and does not bother me as much as it used to. But it can be a little hard to separate things

I hate to admit that I initially hated it, but also that I've unfortunately already grown to like it.

Being the type that hates changes allsorts, I'd hate it even more if it was changed back to previous look now..

;D

Jakob E.

Constructive criticism :

For me it is...

Worse on desktop / laptop  (wasted space, too bright, post count gone, not as much info on a single screen as before etc etc)

Much worse on Nexus 4 running Android (all the above but made worse because the screen is smaller)

Basically unusable on iPhone 5 (1/3 screen is taken up by the logo.  I get to see 1 - 2 lines of a post, or most of the time nothing of interest as I scroll down a post)

I really hope this is still a work in progress. 

Yes, too much wasted blank space. I have to say, on my iPhone 4 I used to use the old site all the time and it worked great!!!

I was not unhappy with the old version, in fact it felt like part of the identity
I do not come here on my smart phone or ipad and am coming to accept that I will
likely be spending less time here.

okgb said:
I do not come here on my smart phone or ipad

Neither do I. In my opinion, we should start polls about the mobile usage and the current new layout.
I don't think it is necessary to do a "iPad friendly" version of groupdiy.com at all, as it contains lots of
long posts and additional contents like PDFs that are better kept on a traditional computer.

Cheers,
Carsten

Neither do I. In my opinion, we should start polls about the mobile usage and the current new layout.
I don't think it is necessary to do a "iPad friendly" version of groupdiy.com at all, as it contains lots of
long posts and additional contents like PDFs that are better kept on a traditional computer.

Another  case where a few ruin it for the whole.
Minority rules.

I use my Ipad to read the group and was perfectly happy with how it was.
I also hate the new format, on both Ipad and PC

same here... surely there has to be some sort of middle ground? As dramatic or over-the-top as it might sound the forum is now almost unusable on a normal computer... please please please can we work out some sort of compromise? Other forums manage it without compromising the experience on any platform - it's the enormous size of the text that's the main problem imo.. 

Latest posts

Back