I hate the new look of groupdiy.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ...I get it!  Is this  some sort of social experiment  ? or peer pressure from your Other friends ? [ the cool kids  ]
It is curious that it happened without warning,  or solicitation  ...............

I've used the old version on my iPhone 3 many times with no problems, so I know I could've used it on an iPad. This sucks.

Winetree said:
Neither do I. In my opinion, we should start polls about the mobile usage and the current new layout.
I don't think it is necessary to do a "iPad friendly" version of groupdiy.com at all, as it contains lots of
long posts and additional contents like PDFs that are better kept on a traditional computer.

Another  case where a few ruin it for the whole.
Minority rules.

I travel for work and have spent tons of time on the old site with my iPhone and never once thought it should be differnt...

In fact - I'm posting this from my iPhone...

That said - I don't like the new look either, I find it confusing to look at both with my laptop and my iPhone - ESPECIALLY with my phone...

Plus I miss the "new replies to my posts" link...

Definitely not trying to sound ungrateful tho, FWIW....

well,  the old look was tidy and concise on my laptop and desktop, it felt easy,  now it feels awkwardly laid out with no gains that I'm aware of.  That being said , I don't use phones or tablets.  I'd say at this point I'm not taken with the new look so far.

This new version , may load faster , as the first " better " thing I see
someone commented on the font which I agree is harder to read [ for me ]

Feels a lot smoother here, and either Ethan has trimmed the size a bit, or I just got used to it.

I will quit the site if Ethan doesn't get rid of the heart that appears whenever I like a post, though  :-*

Gustav

Dear Ethan, it seems you are face with a bit of a quagmire. Hopefully the bugs and insects will be dealt with soon?

It's only a quagmire if he tries to be all things to all people, which is impossible.

I find more important issues to whine about than how this forum is skinned.

Keep up the good work Ethan.

JR

Hi,

A recent software update at work did an alike thing: lots of white, letters seemingly lost in a big white sea,
no clear boundaries anymore.

So a pity to discover that things had changed likewise here as well.  :(

Must be the snow-season coming up ?!  8)

I recall we have had lots of upgrades and re-formats over the past ten years.

I always hate it when it changes, and I always get used to it and it starts to look normal. I guess the same will happen this time.

And we have a thread like this every time!

Carry on & keep up the good work.  :)

No matter what it looks like, the best thing about this group is that it is populated by people who can express contrary views in a civilised manner.

Cheers

Ian

Hmmmm it's spreading to the same ill effect's , help I'm being surrounded & cut off !
[ enviroment Canada ]

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-38_metric_e.html

:eek: Wow, this did change!  I haven't been on in a LONG while, so can't say I'm surprised there are changes.  It seems to be loading pretty well on my computer (that's saying a lot, lol) but yeah, might take some getting used to.  Lol, by which time it will change again.

something like this attachment?
its just finding a nice bootstrap theme and some size tweaks.  I like the responsiveness... but the out of the box theme is hard on the eyes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.29.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.29.38 PM.png
    159 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back