U95 capsule replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefpitas

Hey guys,
Just looking for some input about replacing the capsule in my original Soundelux U95 (not S) mic.  The original cap is a chinese k67, and I would like to sort of upgrade.  I have a pair, and it would be nice to supersize this one.  The only real difference in them is the power supply.  The one I am replacing the capsule on had the original 5x7 power supply, and the other has the 5x10 box, which was later used in the U95S.  I know the U95S had among other upgrades, a Latvian k47 capsule.
So I have been eyeing TSKguy's hk-47.  Love to have some input if it would be compatible, and flattering for my mic! 

Thanks,
beefpitas

I'd think David Bock himself would be the best person to respond. He is a moderator here:

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/forums/1091440/The-Microphone-Forum#.VCrjls0l9Ls

Best, M

...the original capsule was the 797Audio K67 (white retainer rings)...if you want the same capsule, I believe David Bock has some in stock (we addressed this same subject on another forum)...that capsule had a tendancy towards the bright side (it was also used in the original Rode NT2 and Rode Classic I)...

...Eric's HK-67 (or HK-47 for that matter) would be a good upgrade I'd imagine...Studio Projects also offers an improved version of that original 797Audio capsule, which they implemented for their CS-series of microphones (below)...

Attachments

• studio-projects-cs5.jpg
    studio-projects-cs5.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back