API Classic VP26 mic preamp has a huge output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjakel

I've just made this Classic VP26 kit. I have got two of these preamps, which I bought as new. But this preamp i've made as a kit. My problem is, that it has a much higher output than the others. Anyone who knows what can be wrong??

I replied to your email about this. Did you find it? You could possible haven 2 resistors around the opamp swapped. A few folks have done this. Maybe a 200R and 20k have been swapped?

Hey Jsteiger
Thanks for your respond. Actually I have not tried anything before now, because i was waiting for a soldering pump, so that i could remove solder. I thought, that I had made some solder-bridges, but I might think, that is not the problem. Though there is one (smalle) bridge, which I can't remove. It is the bridge between R3 and  C2. Can this be the problem. In this weekend, I will try to measure the ohm in the resistors ( I have to borrow an instrument from my on in my neighbourhood  :) ).  I will return to you, and thanks for the great service!!

I swapped R4 and R5. But one of the resistors was broken under my operation. So now now I'm waiting for another set of resistors, but I definitely think it willwork, cause the problem was identified. Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back