(Feeler) U47 universal body, long, short and U47FET

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys are there plans to make this fit Max's MK47 without modification?  He's the guy that came up with the dual 408a design after all.  ;)

Would be great if there was mounting for the MK47 as stock as well as a transformer deck for those that would like to use the larger BV08 (like Max's full size one, or the AMI one).

Would be cool to have teflon mounted standoffs in the capsule deck for permanent connection to the Hi-Z section and easy capsule swapping.

Just to be sure I have this right as a reference in my mind, is the Equinox kit body the "long body" style/size, or "short body"?
Does someone have a pic showing each of the sizes referenced, to compare?
Thanks!

Any word on the bodies yet?

My build is probably 80% there. If I had an accurate body it would motivate me to get it finished!  ;)

Hi,

would like to know, if it´s a two or a three rail system ?
Obviously, when you´re talking about being accurate to the original Neumann, you´re going three rails ??
Then the Max Kircher PCB will or won´t fit ?

And, by the way, what´s the normal body ?
My somehow limited information only knows about a long and a short body.

Anyhow, I´d be interested in two long body, matte chrom two rail U47 bodies.

Manfred

Hi,

Have changed the opening thread, and hope that it's more clear that both the long/short body U47 and the U47 FET bodies will be available. This is a universal design which can either have 2 rail or 3 rail depending on what you need and the body sleeve can either have no cut outs for the switches or cut outs.

Regards

Spence.

Thanks for clarifying a little bit more detail, Spence.
I could definitely be interested in a couple of the U47FET bodies if they're at the right price.
..been meaning to complete my D-U47fet PCB projects for a couple years or so by now!
Cheers.
Evan

Hi guys,

End of the month I will be looking at starting this again, been busy finishing off a better designed ribbon mic motor and Royer style body.
Will try and get some ball park prices as might need some money up front for materials.
Been a very busy time, thanks for your patience.

Regards

Spence.

hi,

having not made any yet due this being a very costly project i can only estimate at somewhere around £400 each, this would be for this small order of approx. 30 units, obviously if there was 100 or more orders this cost would come down dramatically.

anyone interested?

regards

Spence.

Latest posts

Back