500 Module Enclosure

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyhanfri

Hi

I designed a case for 500 series modules, I just got the first batch, everything looks ok in the design.

I noticed I designed it with the back covering the edge of the pcb, I mean, the 15 pin keeps inside the box, but there' s space enough around it for the connector, not sure if it' s the best way to do it, but I didn't like the idea of keeping part of the pcb out of the box.

Well, the main purpose of this post is to share my dxf drawing, in case somebody wants to send them to a metalhouse and get some of them, there' s no problem for me.

Note, in the Piece Nº2 the holes are 2mm diam. If you (like me) tap them by hand, the diameter should be 2,5mm, not hard to fix, but easier if the box comes well from the metalhouse. The holes in the piece Nº1 are not tapped as I didn' t see it necessary.

Also  the piece Nº2 could be a bit shorter in the down face, in the front, maybe 1mm to leave a bit more clearance for the bending of piece Nº1.

Feel free to modify, critic or whatever about the design, my goal is give back to the forum a bit of what it gives to me.

Remember to rename the attachment to .zip

Attachments

• 500case.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 137
Well, after mounting my first module I've got some corrections.

I will make bigger the space for the 15 pin connector in Piece N2, I think I will cut also Piece N1 under the pins in the pcb.

Also, in the front side of Piece N2, the lips with the tapped holes will be like 5mm shorter, just for leave clearance for the bending of Piece N1. The last thing is cut rounded corners in Piece N1 for better fitting.

I think that's all, anyway I'm pretty happy with the first batch

Last update, the boxes are 2mm longer than they should, now I have to replace the L brackets and cut the other piece.

I'll update new dxf next week

Latest posts

Back